Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

those crickets are getting loud...

Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
those crickets are getting loud...

because it's so quiet in here! Everybody busy working or playing outside? Been so dang humid lately, haven't done as much as I should be... that nad my back has been giving me the fits again, and now my neck, may be related to my little wipeout last winter...both are finally getting better.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:55 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are doing a bunch of landscaping in our backyard plus riding every other spare minute Not much internet time

Old 06-10-2006, 01:09 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just coming off one of my busy seasons, trying to catch up on all the things that need doing. I do check out the forum when I can, just don't do much posting.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:37 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
I fully understand summer being the busy time... not everyone is on the net a lot like I seem to be any more, since I don't do as well as I used to for getting things done...

Old 06-10-2006, 09:30 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been getting my truck running smooth, just put on a new Accel Super HEI coil, and now does one mean burn out. Also I have had to do graduation thank-yous, work & play(I like the play more than work...better scenery), and just keeping certain people happy. Been checkin but not posting as much lately.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:26 PM
IowaTower
Senior User
I've been browsing a lot.

Lessee, I replaced the valve-cover and oil-pan gaskets on my green truck. It's been leaking oil for quite awhile. With it being used in the movie (The Final Season), it was going to be out of my control for longer than I like -- I just don't trust anyone but me to keep the oil full. Well, it's still leaking. I blew out one of the VC gaskets first thing -- knew I shoulda left it alone cause that one wasn't leaking until after I replaced it. Anyway, replaced that one again. Either hosed the OP gasket, or rear-main is leaking -- or both. I don't have time to tackle those, between moving (you never truly appreciate how much crap you have until you have to move it all) and unscheduled movie-use.

As far as the movie, I'm told the people seeing it for the first time last Friday AM were pretty skeptical about it -- pictures do not do this rust-eaten body justice. Then I guess they were pretty impressed when it was actually running and driving. How he put it... it's what they would create if they were going to build a "farm-truck", but without the fake Hollywood look; Hollywood could not create the reality of this vehicle. I wish I could take credit for it, but all I've really done is clean 27 years of crap off the underside and do a tune-up.

Which prompts idle, not serious, thoughts of "How do I preserve this truck EXACTLY as it is?" Stop further degradation without repairing any of it. heh.

I'm going to be so irked if it ends up on the cutting-room floor. As far as money, I'm not going to get rich from it, but I could live comfortably renting vehicles for movie production.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:08 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I have been around, posting in other parts of FTE quit a bit as usual, and check in here about once a day usually. Racing season has started so that takes up some time, and have started brewing biodiesel so that takes up even more time it seems.
Friday had to go have a tooth pulled and another one filled so really haven't gotten much done this weekend just bieng lazy. Although I did start getting the tranny pulled from the race truck, basically last sunday I destroyed the one that has been in there so have to build another one, parts should be here either monday or tuesday I hope, next race is next friday so probably gonna miss that one as I doubt I will get it build and back in before friday afternoon and probably won't hve time to finish it up and get loaded and make the 100 mile drive buy 6pm, but it should be ready by the next saterday for Chillicothe.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Had to put another set of rod bearings in my fresh rebuild. No.'s 3 and 7 were dry - caught it in time (I hope!) - crank looked OK. Had a clogged oil galley. Thought I cleaned 'em all...
Been doing lots of landscaping, beer drinking, and just general being outdoors. Also have tons of fix the house projects to get on top of. Was planning to go canoeing this weekend, but that was rained out.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
1. Two boys T-Ball and Minor League Ball.
2. We had a yard sale.
3. Church had a yard sale.
4. Went to visit the in-laws.
5. Been building a patio. Just a little place to sit and watch the kids ride their bikes.
6. Church had special week of prayer services.
7. In-laws came to visit us.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
keeping busy helps keep a person out of trouble...

Old 06-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
You can say that.

I'm going back to being busy. Just resumed working again after having 3 weeks off to just work out and do whatever the heck else I want. It was nice. But, now I have began my 35 minute commute to work, as well as going to work in a new store that I know nobody at. It sucks. But, I'll survive. First day went acceptably.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:22 PM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Almost done building the trailor for my bike, to pull behind the bike

Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
One engine swap down, one to go... then I can get back to tinkering with the truck again...

Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by truckertaz
Almost done building the trailor for my bike, to pull behind the bike
Glad you specified! It bugs me seeing bikes ON trailers. Almost every year I go through the Black Hills at the beginning of Sturgis and I don't see many bikes with their wheels on the pavement until around 50 miles out. Thats just not right.

Hope you get some good use outa that trailer.

TAZ, are you going to be an 88 fan after DJ moves on?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:03 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
There were plenty of bikes on the pavement if you get away from I90... but I know what you mean, they haul them out and act like they are sooo cool... I lived right on hwy 14 in South Dakota, and trust me, there were plenty on the roll, the sound was nearly constant for the week prio, the week of, and the week following Sturgis, no mistaking when it was.. Not that I'm complaining, but it is fact. Most of the trailer queens stayed to the interstate...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: those crickets are getting loud...