Metals and Bio-d

Old 04-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Metals and Bio-d

I know that you aren't supposed to use copper or alluminum with WVO, but what about bio-d? Are the restrictions that same? What are some of the other guys using? is it all mild steel piping? If so, what size/gauge and how are you setting up your coils in your tanks? I have a slip tank for this set up and want to get it firgured out before I start buying, cutting or welding.
Thanks

Old 04-29-2006, 05:32 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Fullcrew7.3
I know that you aren't supposed to use copper or alluminum with WVO, but what about bio-d? Are the restrictions that same? What are some of the other guys using? is it all mild steel piping? If so, what size/gauge and how are you setting up your coils in your tanks? I have a slip tank for this set up and want to get it firgured out before I start buying, cutting or welding.
Thanks
Anything but copper is ok. If you blend to B-80 in winter you do not have to heat the tanks at all.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:52 PM
bentring
Mountain Pass
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
What temps are you referring to fabmandelux? Also, please check your private messages fabmandelux.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:50 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bentring
What temps are you referring to fabmandelux? Also, please check your private messages fabmandelux.

So far I have had no problems with B-80 down to 12 deg F. In the last 2 years that is the lowest temps we've had. B-50 should be good to 0 deg according to the cold tests i've done.

The answer to your PM is yes.

FABMANDELUX.

Search this Thread