Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hello everyone (soon to be new to Colorado)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Army_Dude
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone (soon to be new to Colorado)

Let me introduce myself and ask a favor. Obviously, I am a military man. I returned from Iraq in Nov and am currently living in Fayetteville,NC. I was told that my assignment to Ft Carson, which I requested upon reenlistment while in the sandbox, was to be put on hold while I go yet again to Iraq for an extended vacation. Just this week I got word from the TOP (the first General officer in my chain) that I was to move as planned and they would get along without me. So here we go. I should leave here about the 14th.

When I came home I immediatly bought just what I wanted, an 85 SWB Chevy Silverado...WAIT!!!!!!! Don't leave, hear me out. My Grandad raised me in a similar truck and it had been sitting in a barn cause the old guy had is foot amputated. My Dad died 1 month before I shipped out to go to Iraq and when I returned one of his oldest and dearest friends named Pee Wee calls me up and asked me if I want the truck he has that my Dad always pestered him about. Not knowing what it was I say Yeah. Go to find it is a 49 (we Believe) Ford F1. It's all there and it does run. It has a 350 in it (I know).

Long story short (too late Josh), I'm pulling it to Colorado and need someone in or near Colorado Spings with a large enough place where I can keep it until I get settled. Find a house come back and get my family and so forth. Anyways Someone suggested I post it over here if nothing else to get to know the guys who will soon be local to me. The reason I say large place cause I want to make sure it will in no way be a burden on you. If you can help thanks and if you can't hey thas ok too, no harm in asking.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Army_Dude
New User
Just realized this may be in the wrong spot, if so , I apologize.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome home Josh!

IMHO this is the place to post. Then again, I'm kind of a non-conformest.

I can't help with your immediate delimma. The Mrs. allows one dead vehicle because it's my hobby. Until these teenagers start buying the groceries, one is the limit. LOL

There are other resources, send me an email: gearheadmlg at yahoo or netscape. The PM system does not work for me, the email function does. I don't know if dotmil filters out FTE stuff, you might consider a free account from hotmail or yahoo. My nephew kept his active when he transfered to Germany, stayed in touch from everywhere.

Mike

Old 05-03-2006, 08:31 PM
ForDen
Senior User
Army,
Possibly too little too late. I don't live in the Springs but what about getting a storage unit??? Weather-proof, secure storage that you will not have to worry about while you transition out here with your family. Just a thought to ease that stress. The Springs is growing like crazy so there most likely be one near the base. Good Luck.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Army_Dude
New User
Yeah, I thought about a unit. But with the stress of moving while knowing all my family is soon to follow, I think it would be a last resort. Every dime's gonna count for a while anyway.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:13 AM
RockyMtnRanger
Senior User
Let me check with my father and mother-in-law. They live east of Larkspur about 30 minutes north of the Springs. He has a lot of land and has a couple of classics on it already. I'll see if he minds doing this, I don't think he'll care, and will get back to you in a couple of days. He's formal military man also. I served 69-74 in the good ole Army. I believe in thanking the sacrificing of our military soldiers and families. We didn't get it post Viet Nam era, so it's heart warming to see it today for you guys. Anyhow I'm rambling. I'll get back to you soon.

Marty

Old 05-04-2006, 09:37 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey I'm always up for another Ford truck in my yard, 3 already...

Congrats on the '49!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 PM
RockyMtnRanger
Senior User
Army_Dude, it's a go. Email so we can talk about the specifics.

Marty

Old 05-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Army_Dude
New User
Thanks Marty and to everyone who replied. I found a place not too far. It's a relief, I've been real busy getting ready to go and haven't been able to get on here to let everyone know. Thanks again!

Old 05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
RockyMtnRanger
Senior User
No problem. If it falls through, the invite is still open. Good luck and if you need any help with anything just give me a shout....