Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Civil War reeneactment, Keokuk

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Civil War reeneactment, Keokuk

For anyone that is interested in such things, there will be a civil war reenactment in Keokuk this weekend, at Rand park if I recall correctly.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:36 PM
HawkeyeF100
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in the Keokuk event 4-5 years ago. It was really cool marching into battle with 6 companies of about 40 guys each... just on the Union side!
This year we will not be doing the Boone 'train robbery' : (
due to $$$ problems the railroad is having. We all loved doing Boone ... ride the train for 40 mins , battle for 25 mins , then ride the train again! (pass the flask around boys)
We'll be at Madrid later on this year and it's a good one.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Hawkeye, good to hear from you! Saturday was bad news, rained all day, and I didn't make it back for Sunday... have to try to make it next year.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:41 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Hawkeye, this mean you're one of the reenactors?

I have a colleague from Jacksonville that is involved with a group. His son is a teen and plays drum in the drum corps when they go about.

Sorry I'm responding so late to this. Guess it's all over and dried out by now.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:03 AM
HawkeyeF100
Senior User
Yeap. The Boss doesn't do it so much anymore with her job , but I still do our clubs events. Started out as an Union soilder , but we where and still are , short on Rebels so I changed sides for the good of the club. Now I get to shoot my double barrel shotgun (black powder) instead of the musket and things are more relaxed on the Rebel side.
We are always looking for new folks to join , men , women , kids , white or black.
You can be anything you want , as long as they had it during the Civil War period.
We have a guy that does a Harpers Weekly Reporter at times , another a 'Mayor' , etc. Dues are $12 a year and you get a black power ration if you're in the battle.