General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Recent events in the Augusta National.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:44 PM
biggreen4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you but I think the Augusta National has their own right to have a mens only club. They are after all a private organization. I find it interesting that they can do their own thing and not have a federal mandate or law against it. They can allow who they want into the club. They can have all white members or all black members. They could have all women if they so desired. I don't know about the rest of you but id like to see somebody find a organization of women which has no specific identity as to being a womens organization and try to join. Lets see what Martha Burk has to say about that. I live in Hephzibah Georgia which is just outside of Augusta. So I get alot of info about this. I'd like to know what you all think about this.

Old 12-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In Calgary, back in 1995 I wasn't allowed pass the 2nd doorway at SPA LADY ( a women's only Gym) to pickup my wife.

If I wanted to write them a cheque,"That's too Bad"

Canada had to change the name from "Boy Scouts Of Canada"
to "Scouts Canada" because Girls wanted to do the same things as Boys did.
I wrote them and told them to get their own group.
They already had Brownie's,Guide's,C.G.I.T. and other's.

Way to go Augusta !!!!!!! for saying NO... get your own.

Dennis

F.T.E. Assistant Administrator

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/SigSanta.JPG
[font color=red]
"May The Spirit Of Christmas Be An Inspiration To You Throughout The Year"
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 12-08-2002, 09:18 PM
94van
Posting Guru

It's a private club.. If you haven't been invited to join, keep the Heck out! Same as my home, if I don't invite you to visit, stay away.

That woman behind this mess needs to mind her own business... She should start her own club if she's so adamant about playing golf with anyone that will join her.

The New York Times has no right to goad Tiger Woods into getting involved, or pulling out of the event. It's not his problem or position to tell the club how to operate. He's politely trying his best to stay out of it.

This politically correct BS has gotten way out of bounds. Everybody's got to have their nose in someone else's business. Just mind your own business if it doesn't pertain to you.

-------------------------------------

http://easyad.net/images/94vanavitar.jpg http://www.easyad.net/images/mustang1.gif

'94 E-150 Conversion Van 4.9 / C-6 -- '89 Mustang LX 5.0

Old 12-09-2002, 08:07 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do I always have to play devil's advocate?

First, I agree that a PRIVATE club has the right to admit whoever they want, and to not admit the rest. But as I listen to both sides of this argument, I hear women saying that a whole lot of business is done on that golf course (ALL golf courses, for that matter), which places the men at an unfair advantage. Maybe that makes these places not so "private" after all. If I owned a company, and my top salesperson was a woman, I'd want her to be able to compete on a fair and level playing field- no more, no less. So, if women want to exert some pressure and influence on companies to terminate their memberships at places like Augusta, that's their right, too. I do get tired of reminding folks that the First Amendment is just as important as the Second...

Old 12-09-2002, 11:47 PM
91f250460
Senior User

Gentlemen
Only
Ladies
Forbidden
Don't know if it's true, it was sent to me by a friend. It had some other meanings of words but they would be edited into oblivion on this site. It's private, you're not invited, deal with it. Life isn't always fair.
T. Roberts
UFD Local 1147

Old 12-10-2002, 12:34 AM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Dec-02 AT 01:35 AM (EST)]I agree. It's been that way for what, 100 years at Augusta? The only reason she even cares is because she want's something she can't have, and it pisses her off. It's like the kid who breaks into his old man's liquor cabinet fo no other reason than he was specifically told not to do so. Oh, wait, that was me...

If women are so concerned with equal treatment, they should recognize that there are some places where men should be able to go to get the hell away from women. I personally go to the music shop, my girl won't step foot in there. And ladies, I assure you, you have WAY more places you can go to get away from us. The beauty parlor, the nail shop, the mall, the botanic gardens, the museum, he kitchen...just leave us the golf course, the garage and the bar and we won't argue!
God that sounded chauvenist
BDV

Old 12-10-2002, 08:17 AM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Dec-02 AT 09:19 AM (EST)]Mark, you would have a good point about the guys doing business on the golf course and the women not having an equal opportunity to compete except for two things.

1. There is no rule about women not being able to golf at Augusta, women golf there all the time, they are just not allowed to be members. If a member wants to do business with a woman he is fully allowed to invite her to be in the foursome as well.

2. If a man goes to do business in a recreational setting with other men and doesn't include women it is usually because they are buddies to some extent and would probably do business with each other anyway because they already know each other or have mutual friends and the competitors, male or female, didn't stand much of a chance anyway. Remember, a foursome is just that, 4 people, that's all that's allowed in a group and you can't tell me that that women is only competing against 1 or 2 guys for the sale and not 10 or 15 or more.

P.S. There are Women's only golf clubs in the USA too with the same rules excluding men.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:09 PM
icelander
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Dec-02 AT 09:13 PM (EST)]>Mark, you would have a good point about the guys doing
>business on the golf course and the women not having an
>equal opportunity to compete except for two things.
>
>1. There is no rule about women not being able to golf at
>Augusta, women golf there all the time, they are just not
>allowed to be members. If a member wants to do business
>with a woman he is fully allowed to invite her to be in the
>foursome as well.
>
>2. If a man goes to do business in a recreational setting
>with other men and doesn't include women it is usually
>because they are buddies to some extent and would probably
>do business with each other anyway because they already know
>each other or have mutual friends and the competitors, male
>or female, didn't stand much of a chance anyway. Remember,
>a foursome is just that, 4 people, that's all that's allowed
>in a group and you can't tell me that that women is only
>competing against 1 or 2 guys for the sale and not 10 or 15
>or more.
>
>P.S. There are Women's only golf clubs in the USA too with
>the same rules excluding men.

Sorry buck but this post is full of holes! oops, maybe i shouldnt say "holes" around the fem crowd because of the sexual connotations of the word. come to think of it.......you REALLY shouldnt say the word "shaft", definatly not "nice stroke" and certainly never ask "could you wash my ***** for me?" and God Forbid you yell out..."GO IN THE HOLE"!

and by the way, NEVER, NEVER use the word "threesome" and FORGET ABOUT "foursome"!

read not to condemn but to consider

Old 12-10-2002, 09:02 PM
icelander
Elder User

Im sure you all know by now that the new Treasury Sec., Mr Snow of CSX has resigned his membership at Augusta National "to avoid any negative publicity". for him im sure, the club has plenty already.

one question.....WHY? he is an upstanding, well respected buisness man. why does that need to change when you enter public service? why does being who you are need to change? does being a member of a "PRIVATE" club make you a bad person? im sure there are plenty of people in D.C. that are members of private clubs that none of us have ever heard of. the problem with those clubs is that most of us wouldnt want to join and they arent hosting a major sporting event.

this whole thing comes down to national attention and money. the fems want to push their "lets make all men into women" agenda and hope the cash rolls in from fruitcakes like them around the country.

read not to condemn but to consider

Old 12-10-2002, 11:20 PM
Nutter
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 11-Dec-02 AT 00:22 AM (EST)]This kind of stuff has gone too far. When will women (some women) realise we don't always want them around. It seems to me that these
(some women) or should I say Fem ***** must be very insecure since they feel the need to encroach on every last male bonding ritual we have.

Don't get me wrong I'm a firm believer in equal rights but "hey" we all need some breathing room.

Shoot gotta go my wifes comin..............

Old 12-11-2002, 08:32 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>P.S. There are Women's only golf clubs in the USA too with
>the same rules excluding men.

If anyone can provide me the name and address of just ONE legitimate all-female, women-only country club, then I'll shut up. I think you'l find that the RUMOR of an all-female country club was started by one of our favorite radio talk-show hoaxers, uh I mean hosts.

By the way, I tried golf once and broke my leg; I fell off that damn ball-washer....

Old 12-13-2002, 09:52 PM
briefly
Senior User

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/sizeimage.php?&photoid=11237&.jpg

:-X12

Old 12-13-2002, 10:37 PM
cek181
Elder User

>By the way, I tried golf once and broke my leg; I fell off
>that damn ball-washer....

Old 12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
biggreen4x4
Senior User

Has anybody heard of anyone out to support the nationals as in a large group of women who want to support it?

:-X12

Old 12-19-2002, 08:05 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User