S/C 2005 F150 3v 5.4 - Roush,Triology, KenneBell, Whipple?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Ole Reliable
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S/C 2005 F150 3v 5.4 - Roush,Triology, KenneBell, Whipple?

I want a positive displacement blower and those are the ones that seem to be popular...

would like to run around 6-8lbs of boost....
at least 100 rwhp would be nice....

Which kit would you guys go with?? I've seen some happy with pretty much all of them...any pros/cons with each kit??

Where to get them for the best deal???

Thanks,
Paul

Old 04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you clicked on the link at the top of this page? ("Proficient" http://campaigns.ford-trucks.net/cam...t.php?n=123312)

Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Ole Reliable,

Glad you asked. I made a post about this recently for the price and break down of kits. As you can see Below, we will beat any price by $100 for a comparably configured kit. Can't get a better deal then that. I believe we also have the best customer service in the market. Ask anybody that has dealt with Trilogy and they will tell you we go out of our way to help our customers. Good luck in your search and if I can help anymore with anything please don't hesitate to call @ 313-336-6135 or post.

Here is a quote from another site from a person that is not affilated with Trilogy
I seen both the Trilogy Kit and the Whipple kits installed and the Trilogy's kits looks oem you can hardly tell it didnt come from the factory like that. I felt they did a much nicer and cleaner job putting the kits together. The mounting of the intercooler resivoir, Whipples belt is routed all funky looking and just all the little things came out so much better in the Trilogy kit. When it came to riding in both of them, the Trilogy truck pulled way harder down low and was a lot more snappy off throttle, the Whipple truck felt good pulled a little harder up top but i think it was too litttle too late, also the shifts on the Whipple tuned sucked bad!! From my understanding Whipple did not make any trnasmission shift changes in there tune. The Trilogy truck shifted real nice and firm, it felt really good.
We now have a pro kit which is our original kit for $5,995. We added a Street kit that is $5,499 and includes everything in the pro kit minus fuel injectors, boost gauge and boost gauge pod. We are also offering a Rodder kit that is $5,199 and includes everything in the street kit minus the SCT Xcal 2 flash tuner.

Another new aspect is our 4yr/48,000 mile warranty. Yes thats right, a 4yr/48,000 mile warranty. This warranty covers all components included in the supercharger kit.

One more addition to the list is a price guarantee. We will beat any comptetitors price by $100 for a comparable configurated kit. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!! We must have formal confirmation of pricing, kit contents and be able to verify price.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Ole Reliable
New User
Originally Posted by Lone_Star
Ole Reliable,

Glad you asked. I made a post about this recently for the price and break down of kits. As you can see Below, we will beat any price by $100 for a comparably configured kit. Can't get a better deal then that. I believe we also have the best customer service in the market. Ask anybody that has dealt with Trilogy and they will tell you we go out of our way to help our customers. Good luck in your search and if I can help anymore with anything please don't hesitate to call @ 313-336-6135 or post.

Here is a quote from another site from a person that is not affilated with Trilogy

We now have a pro kit which is our original kit for $5,995. We added a Street kit that is $5,499 and includes everything in the pro kit minus fuel injectors, boost gauge and boost gauge pod. We are also offering a Rodder kit that is $5,199 and includes everything in the street kit minus the SCT Xcal 2 flash tuner.

Another new aspect is our 4yr/48,000 mile warranty. Yes thats right, a 4yr/48,000 mile warranty. This warranty covers all components included in the supercharger kit.

One more addition to the list is a price guarantee. We will beat any comptetitors price by $100 for a comparable configurated kit. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!! We must have formal confirmation of pricing, kit contents and be able to verify price.
Lonestar,
That's great info! Nice warranty too!

How much power are you giving up if you do not get the injectors?? Or are they necessary?? What size are they?

I've narrowed it down between Whipple and Trilogy...
Power difference between the two is a lot!

FROM their respective sites:

Whipple RWHP: 394 RWTQ: 434 9psi
Trilogy RWHP: 342 RWTQ: 427 9psi

50 RWHP is awfully a lot....

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by Ole Reliable; 04-24-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Paul,
I am glad that my information helped you out. And we think its a pretty great warranty as well. None like it out there.

Actually the numbers you have are a little out dated. The 342 rwhp and 427 rwtq are old, I have not had an opportunity to change the graph on our website. We just ran our truck on 24 lbs injectors after fixing a little tuner error and produced 386 rwhp and 428 rwtrq. We still believe in the larger injector, but have made a kit without them to answer customer demands. Previously before finding this little tuner error we ran out 367 rwhp 427 rwtrq on 39# injectors that come with the pro kit. When we put the 39# injectors back in I will let all know the outcome.

I agree with you that 50 rwhp is a lot, but if you look above 50 rwhp is not actually so. These are the latest numbers posted from a whipple dynoed at Pauls High Performance, 383.76 RWHP and 427.58 ft/lbs. That sure isn't 394 or 434 and if you compare to our numbers of 386 rwhp and 428 rwtrq ours is higher.

I am going to tell you the truth Paul. Numbers are just numbers, they give a representation of the products performance, but in no means gives the full story. Reliability (4yr/48,000 mile warranty) we couldn't do it if it didnt last, performance 386 rwhp and 428 rwtrq, customer service (can mean a lot when your stuck and need help, and fit and finish of the kit installed are other considerations in your decision. I truly believe hearing from somebody outside of the company is important and this statement sticks out to me
the Trilogy truck pulled way harder down low and was a lot more snappy off throttle, the Whipple truck felt good pulled a little harder up top but i think it was too litttle too late, also the shifts on the Whipple tuned sucked bad!!
Hope this helps you out in your decision making. Good luck and please let me know if I can help with anything else. Take care!

Scott

Old 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll give you my two cents worth and I don't make comments (endorsements) like this very often. Everyone is in it for the money, a few folks have a burning passion behind their business. The folks at Trilogy have that passion, and you are hearing this from a guy with a KB.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
kspilkinton
Postmaster
It would be nice if people had more passion towards the 2V trucks that aren't Lightnings.

Now that people have designed and produced more twin screw kits for the 3V, when am I gonna get to see a kit for a 2V?

As it stands I have KB and Allen... Whipple baits the trap, but hasn't produced any as far as I know.

Are the 2V engines a waste or something?

-Kerry

Old 04-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Ole Reliable
New User
Originally Posted by hkiefus
I'll give you my two cents worth and I don't make comments (endorsements) like this very often. Everyone is in it for the money, a few folks have a burning passion behind their business. The folks at Trilogy have that passion, and you are hearing this from a guy with a KB.
That's great to hear! I am always willing to pay a little more for good customer service!

Scott...thanks for the update on the power numbers...I'm glad to hear the power is there on your kit!

Thanks for all the help!

Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
73mach1
Senior User
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
hkiefus
I don't know what to say, I (we at Trilogy) are very honored by your statement. You are absolutely right, we couldn't stay in business if we werent in it to make money, but I am glad that yall can see through that and see that I and this company are really a bunch of enthusiasts. I must tell you that I have gasoline running in my veins and am fortunate to be working in a field that I love so much. OK, sorry, enough blabbing, I tend to do that sometimes.

kspilkinton,
I completely agree with you that it would be nice if there was more competition on the 2V generation, but there is not a lack a passion on our part, it is just that we are a small company of enthusiasts and we can only do certain vehicles. Hopefully as we grow, we will expand into more areas.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Olereliable (paul)

Anytime. Please feel free to contact me by post or phone at 313-336-6135 if you ever need something. Good luck!!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:43 PM
pitch_black
New User
Kerry,
I am about to install a lightening s/c on my stock 04 f150. any tips on where i can find parts list to verify i have everything needed. any words of wisdom for doing the actual install would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Eli

Old 05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
MeanGene1
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-27-2007, 11:12 AM
NewHolland
Senior User
Lone_Star I have talked to Jerry briefly one time at your company Trilogy.Will this charger work on my 06 F250 automatic with the 5.4 3v without a lot of issues? I know the tranny programing is seperate or different on the 250 compared to the 150.I'm sure the engine packaging components are a bit different also..What issues will come up? I use my truck for towing part time and even though its ok empty the mileage towing just is terrible(7-8). This is due to having it on the floor to keep the load moving.It needs MORE power down low to get things moving.Let me know what you think.. Thank you!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:21 AM
NewHolland
Senior User
2v 5.4

I myself have heard nothing but good things about Trilogy.(Those Mercury guys are all in love with their products!) But since they dont make a charger for the 2V motors I also have heard some very good things about the Allen forced system which Troyer Performance sells..They seem to know these 4.6 and 5.4 2Vs extremley well..From what I have heard there are lots of satisfied people who have dealt with them.They also have some interesting ideas to improving gas mileage and power on Ford trucks.COPs that cost less than Fords and that work BETTER.Electric fans,etc.. Check them out also..

Quick Reply: S/C 2005 F150 3v 5.4 - Roush,Triology, KenneBell, Whipple?