Looking to move to North Carolina in the next year

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 06:29 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to move to North Carolina in the next year

Hi folks.

I usually frequent the offroad, Texas and North west forums. I am looking to relocate to NC sometime in the next year / year and a half. I will probably be teaching at the UTI Nascar school in Mooresville just north of Charlotte. I am curious as to what the area is like around Mooresville. I wheel a lot and love the Nascar thing.

Hope to hear some feedback from some locals. On a side note, I was at Ft Bragg in 91 and 92 and loved the piedmont area.

Chris

Old 04-21-2006, 06:36 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to welcome you back to NC.I live in Morganton and the Mooresville area is starting to boom.I hope you will look up our chapter after your move.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:29 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
I love the climate and the landscape of NC. My daughter told me this morning she doesn't want to do the 4th grade in Texas anymore. She wants to move there as soon as 3rd lets out.

Can anyone post some pics of the area? The only areas I was familiar with were the Ft Bragg and Raleigh areas.

Chris

Old 04-25-2006, 07:06 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Anyone?

chris

Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 852 Likes on 770 Posts
Hi Bronco, I'm up in VA near NC border. Check out www.realtor.com ,and Charlotte newspaper (Charlotte Observer?) as well as the race car websites. I know United Country Realtor also has a website. This will give you an idea of the area with pics. There is a news station out of Winston-Salem www.WXIInews.com that also might help. Good luck, George, Stuart, VA

Old 04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Thanks George, I'll check it out.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:23 PM
ranger99
Senior User
Welcome or almost welcome to NC. A lot of great guys in here. I just moved from the Charlotte area to Indian Land SC its about 6 or 7 miles south of the state line.

Bob

Old 04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
ranger99
Senior User
Chris isn't The Woodlands near Houston.

Bob

Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Sure is, It's just outside the city limits on the north side. Too humid here and far too many bad memories. Just need to finish school first and schedule a new job in the Charlotte area or something nearby.

Chris

Old 04-29-2006, 07:58 AM
ranger99
Senior User
My wife and I lived in Houston for about three years. We lived in the area of Wilcrest and Westheimer. Must be ALS kicking in can't remember the actual street we lived on. I do agree about the humidity, flooding also sucked.

Bob

Old 05-28-2006, 04:03 PM
yardbird
Cargo Master
Received 473 Likes on 313 Posts
Mooresville is nice, and crowded. It has really grown in the last 10 years. Once you get away from the interstate area into the country it is very green and beautiful with rolling hills. It is not a big city by no means, just the commuters who work in Charlotte. Homes are nice, and so is the town and surrounding area.

If you do move here, do not move into Meckengburg county. The taxes are high, the schools are not too good, there is constant fighting between the different government agencies, and the politicians will not listen to the people.

Mecklengurg flight is why Iredell and the surounding counties are so full of commuters.

Statesville is close and reasonably priced, nice older homes, just reasearch which area carefully you look at. Huntersville is beautiful and expensive, as is Mooresville. You could look at Denver and surrounding areas for that "in the country" feel, but still only commute less than 30 minutes.

All the land is green rolling hills, heavily wooded with fields and pastures scattered around. You are about 2 1/2 hours from the Great Smokies, and closer for the mountain areas. About the same time to the ocean. Mooresville is right at Lake Norman, a very large lake.

The best thing to do is rent a vacation house for a week, bring your family, relax and ride the countryside, then find a realtor to help guide you as to which houses and what area might suit your needs.

I did this just last month in Florida. I learned about the area, the people, the county and towns, which areas suited my expectations, and I met a very nice realtor who showed me a lot of homes.

Best of all I rented a large, nice, almost new house with a caged in pool and lanai in a beautiful restricted neighborhood. I had a wonderful time, and it cost less for eight days than four in a motel would. It was one of the best, most relaxing vacations I have ever been on. Boy do I miss floating in the pool and grilling and eating on the lanai.

Last edited by yardbird; 05-28-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:36 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Thanks yardbird, that is some good info. I really liked it there when I was stationed at Bragg. I fondly remember some nice weekends down at Myrtle Beach.

Chris

Old 05-29-2006, 04:01 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
well i am all over this state and moorisville is a nice area little on the richie side for my blood. but very nice i deliver furniture there a lot. there is salisbury also just a few miles east of mooresville that is a little more coutry life if you enjoy that giveme a call some time and i can go over the area. i seend you my number in a pm
Originally Posted by brokebronco
Hi folks.

I usually frequent the offroad, Texas and North west forums. I am looking to relocate to NC sometime in the next year / year and a half. I will probably be teaching at the UTI Nascar school in Mooresville just north of Charlotte. I am curious as to what the area is like around Mooresville. I wheel a lot and love the Nascar thing.

Hope to hear some feedback from some locals. On a side note, I was at Ft Bragg in 91 and 92 and loved the piedmont area.

Chris

Old 05-30-2006, 03:40 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Statesville is also close to mooresville is around 25-30 miles apart on I-77