S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Calling all Californians

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Farmengineer77
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all Californians

I am currently moving to Fresno, California as a transfer from my current job in Iowa. I know that my truck does not meet CA emissions, and has none of the available CA emissions equipment installed. Can anyone speak to what is allowed, and what it would take to "emissionize" my truck so I could drive it in CA? Is there a grandfather clause that would give me time to install the necessary equipment, or will I not be able to even get into the state? Just curious. I just want to understand my options.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Why not ask in the California Chapter forums ?

The info may even be available on the calif gov't web site.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:52 PM
tractoman
Senior User
In California you are required to have whatever was original equipment for the vehicle, not specific California emissions equipment unless it was builkt as a California truck. For example I just registered my '76 F250 SC originally sold and registered in Washington with federal emissions equipment which is PCV and TAC in my case. You will have to pass the emissions test as well but are only required to have the equipment that it came of the assembly line with. I hope this makes sense.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
quehele
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the Valley. I'm in Visalia, about 45 miles south of Fresno. I think you'll like it here...once you get used to the 100 degree plus summers that is. You're not in Iowa anymore...

As for registering an out of state vehicle, click on this link...it'll explain it all. (Be sure to move to the top of the page once you get there).

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr9.htm#feesdue

Hope this helps.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:34 PM
DNewton
Senior User
hmmmm,what year is your vehicle, 1975 and older are not reqiured to be smogged in cali!