Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Happy 100k birthday to my mule..!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 09:15 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy 100k birthday to my mule..!!!

First of all... let me say... sorry that i haven't been on in a long while... i had computer probs, then i got the flu, (for 3 weeks..! didn't that suck..!!), then the company i worked for got bought out so i was interviewing for new jobs... geeze..!!!!! it's been a wild couple of months..!!!!

In the meantime, my mule turned over 100k miles..!!!! whoooo hoooo...!!!! no more warranty, so now i can play...!!!! like that stoped me before..!!! anyway, i just want to report that she is running AWESOME, and i ordered a buffer so i can give her a proper recon as soon as it warms up a little... i also got her some AMSOIL for her 100k oil change, and i am going to get one of their by-pass remote oil filter setups also, and maybe their air filter system.... i mean come on.. it's not everyday that you have a vehicle turn 100k and still be going strong...!!! imagine if i'd bought a Dodge... it would be time to start looking for a new truck..!!!!!

Old 04-09-2006, 09:26 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, glad to see that youre back. that sucks about the flu, job, and the computer. i couldn't live a week without FTE. i would have to go to someone's house to browse.

sorry to bust your bubble, but amsoil is not CI-4+ rated. that means the additive packages are not designed for Navistar engines (which your PSD is), and the amsoil does not have the shear strength to cope with 3000+ psi plus of oil pressure. however there are several trucks running fine out there with Amsoil in them. as a matter of fact, when i first got my truck i changed the oil, i ordered 15 qts. of amsoil and put it in my truck, before i found out it wasn't rated for it (from FTE). it ran fine, and the only reason i changed was because the pedestal o-rings weren't replaced when i first did the turbo pulling, and i lost abotu 6 qts/ in a minute on the floor. so i didnt bother to order more, i just drained it out and ran 15w-40 rotella. now i have changed that out, i run 5w-40 Rotella synthetic, it is 'effin awesome to say the least. i know i get excited about oil, but it makes it run smoother, starts alot quicker, builds oil pressure on startup faster, and it completely eliminates the romp romp romp on startup on cold days. at $14 a gallon it's hard to beat i think. i willl STAY with this oil..

oh, any new mods? you will find out today that several of us (including me) have gotten lots of new mods. most of the guys here are 5" cannon-club members, and lots of us around here are fuel-junkies now.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:29 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
that's strange... the amsoil bottles said the oil is CI-4+ rated right on them... hmmm.... i dunno... truck seems to like the stuff... can anyone shed some more light on this...?

oh... btw... no new mods... yet..!!! like i said.. i think the by-pass filter system is next... then a new air filter system... then a Jody chip.... then a 5" exhaust... credit dont' fail me now..!!!! lol..!!!

Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do you have a pic of the bottle? maybe i can look for the oil on the site. but anyway if it's CI-4+ rated, its good. i use amsoil Torque Drive in the tranny and love it!

Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 AM
bigdaddyTank
Elder User
Happy 100k birthday! I have 7k more till I hit that mark.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
Welcome back Johnny8. I was wondering what happened. I hope everything is working out to your satisfaction.
On the oil labeling, I would imagine if it says CI-4+ on the bottle then they were able to obtain the certification. Go ahead and run with it.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:42 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Welcome back Johnny8. I was wondering what happened. I hope everything is working out to your satisfaction.
On the oil labeling, I would imagine if it says CI-4+ on the bottle then they were able to obtain the certification. Go ahead and run with it.
thanks for the kind words...! it does give that rating... if you put the periods in the "dot" places this is the addy to the product info page on the oil i used...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ame.aspx

let me know what you all think if you can get to that page...

MODERATORS NOTE: Go ahead and post the link, it works now.
Johnny8's NOTE: Why thank you...!!! that is soooo much easier..!!!

Last edited by johnny8; 04-09-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Basshog98
New User
Happy 100k and may your mule have many more!

Old 04-09-2006, 09:57 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Basshog98
Happy 100k and may your mule have many more!
thank you..!!! i was hoping to be one of those guys that gets to 500k, but i don't put enough miles per year on her anymore... that's ok though... i don't care.... if i live to be 100, (that's 60 more years the Good Lord willing), and this is my last truck because she lasts that long, i'll be just fine with that...!!!