1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

What seat fits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:31 PM
tps93ranger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What seat fits?

Hey does anyone what seat will fit in a 93, Ranger and if so where would be a good place online to search for some at a decent price. All I can find in local junkyards and scrap yards are torn, wet or covered in blood from an accident. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.GO MARK MARTIN!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Moved from engine forum.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:11 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eBay is the only place where you can find good ones at a decent price.

You can also swap in buckets from an Exploder if you can find them in a boneyard. Easy, quick, and nice when done.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:22 PM
tps93ranger
Senior User
I have also heard that seats out of a Mustang, or an early model T-Bird would fit, any truth to this myth.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Tiggie
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tps93ranger
I have also heard that seats out of a Mustang, or an early model T-Bird would fit, any truth to this myth.
I've heard that, too, but I don't know if it's true. The likely hood of you finding Fox T-bird or Mustang seats in good condition is less than you finding some Ranger or Explorer seats in good condition. I say keep looking around locally in the junkyards for some seats. The drawback to eBay seats is the shipping costs. I paid $125 for my mint Explorer Leather buckets with power tracks and heat locally. You couldn't have gotten them for anywhere near that on eBay due to the shipping.

Consider buckets from the Explorer, Navajo, or Mountaineer. Bronco II might work as well.

What seats do you have now? If you have the 60/40, your seat tracks will work with buckets. If you have the full bench, you need to get some tracks from another 60/40 or bucket seat Ranger of the same cab model if you want to use buckets.

You might want to consider going to the Charolotte AutoFair this weekend. you can usually find some seats down there from an Explorer anyway. Street Rodders on budgets like the leather buckets for their projects. I've found Ranger 60/40's down there to. If they have them, they are usually mint.

Last edited by Tiggie; 04-05-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:28 PM
tps93ranger
Senior User
I appreciate the info, I just might have to go there this wknd. I have the 60/40 seats already and I will broaden my search to include the navajo and the explorer.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:05 AM
johare
Elder User
Here is some information posted much earlier on FTE:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...2B%25252Bseats

I can vouch for Explorer and E-bay. I bought mine at a reasonable price even considering shipping. Easy install and I love the conversion to leather and power.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:55 AM
RangerRaider
Junior User
Originally Posted by tps93ranger
That myth is correct, I know a lot of people on RPS (Ranger Power Sports) have the leather bucket seats out of either the Mustang or the Thunderbird.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
"Fit" is a lot different from easy bolt in. A tape measure will determine fit, but a bunch of work may be necessary for the install. I found a set of Altima leather seats in great shape at a good price and put them in my Ranger. I had to weld-up adapters, rewire the power and adapt the pretensioners .... a lot of work. Then, because the new seats are wider, I has to build a custom center console.They look great and I am pleased with the one-of-a-kind end result, but I would advise others to stick to the proved Explorer seats and console..
Dono

Old 04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
tps93ranger
Senior User
I have a buddy who has a 03 Cobra with 516 rwh and boy is she fast, back to story where he takes his car in TN. to have all the work done they have all kinds of seats out of Mustangs in great shape where people take them out and put in racing seats but im not sure up to what yr. will still fit. I am also going on ebay tonight to look around.The altima seats sounds like they really look nice.