The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

One man truck pull, bored fun

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:53 AM
fattmann
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One man truck pull, bored fun

This might sound lame to many, but thought I would share.

I was hanging out with a buddy of mine who is really into weightlifting. He was crying about his chicken legs. Me and a few others were giving him **** so he tried to prove his macho self.

"Alright man, lets pull your van."

So we did.

Pulled my 87 E-150 around the block and parked in on the crest of my hill. Parked it next to the curb with the front end ever so slightly downhill (the point where the van was stopped in neutral by a small block of wood). We then proceeded to rap a large tow strap around the rear axle and looped over the shoulders (think strongman bus-pulling wanna be).

He pulled with all his might and got the thing rolling, up and over the crest of the hill (about 25' or so) before I hopped in to hit the brakes. So then it was my turn. According to bystanders I did with much more ease. Not bad for a short chubby kid.

So of course he wanted it timed. He pulled it the 25' in like 31.8s, I got it in 28.6s.

Then he wanted to pull my mom's E-350, which was on level ground. Wasn't a challenge for either of us, so that was no fun.

Kind of neat what just one person can pull. I know pulling one vehicle really isn't that big of a deal, but when you think about it that's 3 tons UP a slight incline.

Now if only I can get him to tug his truck with my van...

Old 04-11-2006, 12:29 PM
weeds
Senior User
We actually did something similar to that for football. A couple times each year during summer practices, the coaches would pick a few people to pull their cars down onto the field & we'd have 30 seconds to push them as far as we could. I guess they were mad at us senior year, because they brought down a F-550 dump w/ concrete blocks in the back. Only guys who could even move it was a team of four linemen.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
JD717
Elder User
thats what happens when you're bored and have vehicles plus tow straps. I used to like doin stuff like that myself for amusment.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
fattmann
Tuned
Yeah, now he wants to do a whole "urban strongman" course...