Unique sirius install ideas needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:52 PM
hdfxrusa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Unique sirius install ideas needed!!

Hey Everyone,
Iam looking for some unique ideas to mount a portable Sirius receiver for my
06 F350 CC PSD. Maybe up in the overhead console, pull out cup holder on the dash or the hook below the cup holder those are just a couple of ideas that I have running through my head. Looking to have the cleanist looking install as possible with no wires showing.
Any ideas would be much appreciated or even pixs of other unique installs out there.
Also what suggestions does anyone have for running the satellite anntenna wire out of the cab?

Thanks,
HDFXRUSA

Old 04-04-2006, 12:16 AM
newtuner
Senior User
I don't know what unit you have but if you have the Starmate you could try this. The only thing is you lose your cd player. I guess if you are going all out custom this could save a lot of work. Check it out.

http://www.thesiriusstore.com/stv2-m...ay-p-3656.html

Old 04-04-2006, 09:36 AM
hdfxrusa
Senior User
Newtuner,
Thanks for the reply.I have not chosen a unit yet. I was looking to see what others have seen or done themselves. Thanks for the heads up on the cd player piece but mine is built into the head unit.

HDFXRUSA

Old 04-05-2006, 04:11 AM
bigredtruck
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A buddy of mine used the flexible neck of a desk lamp and some custom mounts to put one in his Civic. Its mounted on the passenger side of his center console, and can reach over behind his shifter when bent towards him. But he does work at a stereo install shop, so he had all the parts and tools to work with.