Sponsored by:

Bbk Tb

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:18 PM
gjordan456
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bbk Tb

I put a bbk tb on my truck a year ago, I took it off this morning to clean it w/tb cleaner and it took off all that stuff that they put on the butterflies to seal it up, I contacted bbk and they said that I need to send it back so they can reapply the stuff, anybody know what this stuff is? anybody run into this problem before? any help would be great, thanks.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not sure exactly what the chemical compund is but I do know that it helps keep crud from sticking to the blades and the shaft. It also allows the TB to work properly without need for lubricaton. It may be a teflon-based compound but I' really not sure. If you used a cleaner that was supposed to be safe for use on throttle bodies, I'd make mention of this to the makers of the cleaner and find out just what their position is on the fact that their product did something its specifically NOT supposed to. Take photos if necessary. I should think the cleaner maker would have a certain responsibility to make ammends.

Last edited by greystreak92; 03-27-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
gjordan456
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe they put that stuff on to seal up the bore to keep air from getting in @ idle, I noticed when I was putting it back on that I could see light thru the bore and thought that that did'ent look right and sure enough when I started it back up my idle was up around 1200 rpm's, I talked to a friend @ ford and he said I could use some clear lacquer to seal it back up, the product I used was CRC air in-take cleaner and it say's it's safe for throttle bodies, I'll contact them next and see what they have to say, thanks