The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Who listens to ICP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:00 PM
DD1684
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who listens to ICP?

Hey just curious. Am I the only person on FTE that listens to Insane Clown Posse? I think that'd be kind of funny if I were. Funny or sad .

Old 03-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Octane
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive listened to them from time to time, but not on a regular basis. ICP is just too negative for my liking.
I must admit though, some of their lyrics do make me laugh. I love that song, "Dating Game."

Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 PM
DD1684
Elder User
ICP definitely does require a special taste in "music". I don't really find their stuff negative. I just enjoy the beats and I understand the lyrics. If you listen to the Shangi La cd, they talk in the end about their belief in God etc. They just disguise it so peolple will listen. The whole gimmick is about punishing those who deserve to be punished. That's why, if you listen, they always refer to biggots, racists, cheating spouses etc. There's far more to it than the surface lyrics. Not that I'm condoning ICP, but they're not about satan or anything, contrary to popular belief.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Octane
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I cant argue with that. It really doesnt offend me, its only music afterall, but at the same its just not something that I wanna listen to all the time.

Last edited by Octane; 03-18-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:49 PM
fearfactory
Senior User
I listen to icp

Old 03-18-2006, 10:41 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i listen to icp, i love em, got a bunch of there cds

Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 PM
DD1684
Elder User
Yeah sometimes I need a break from it, but otherwise I'm down with the clown.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:58 PM
RotGrubestier44
Elder User
I used to like them, until I began to realize that I am everything they hate.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:59 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RotGrubestier44
I used to like them, until I began to realize that I am everything they hate.
what? redkneck tractor driving hicks? i feel the same way, but listen to Pass Me By on the Ringmaster, and its the complete opposite, talkin about hanging out with redkneck truck drivers

Old 03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
RotGrubestier44
Elder User
yeah, well, if you listen to Terrible, there is a whole section dedicated to me, so... I think I'll just stick with rock and country, cuz that rap is kinda hokey

Old 03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
jcp123
Elder User
Can't say that I'm really an ICP fan, but I always have like that song "Mr. Happy", it's always good for a laugh

Old 03-24-2006, 06:53 PM
JD717
Elder User
I dont really care for ICP. my tastes are more in the classic rock area than new rock. they're not bad or anything, I just dont care for the music much. to each their own.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
jpjahn
Posting Guru
I happen to listen to ICP.Not much lately because I can only listen to them for so long before I have to do something else... I don't have "Juggalo" or hatchet man stickers on my truck... (Those are for white trash driving honda's with body kits as far as i'm concerned) no offense to anybody that has those on here... haha... But I don't find the music offensive or ment to be offensive.. Most of the songs have a much deeper meaning than what other people think. "This messengers and hints were there, although most never picked up on them.We snuck em` in subliminally......." The wraith: Shangri-la was awesome... especially when they were basically like... haha we fooled you... in Thy Unveiling. "We`re not sorry if we tricked you! "

Old 04-01-2006, 09:31 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
I listen to ICP and have been listening for a years, since I was like 16. Dont really listen to them too much anymore, feel like I am getting old cause I dont listen to hardly anything anymore music wise and more and more talk radio

Old 04-08-2006, 02:40 AM
fattmann
Tuned
Oh man, if only you people could see the waves that the ICP fans go through around here (Omaha, NE, North Omaha more specifically). My brother got me into back around Milenko, and we have been die hard juggalos for life, sort of...

Milenko was their last great album. Jeckel Brothers had a few, but the metal riffs and tell tale signs of selling out were apparent. After the release of Jeckel Brothers, I paid my respect, bought it, then shook my head in disgust in the following.

When it comes down to it I honestly can't say a whole lot about their newer stuff, only heard a few songs from Bizzar and immediately disowned anything they had produced after Milenko. I mean wow, just crap.

I rocked Milenko and Riddle Box for the longest time. Finally got Ringmaster and Carnival of Carnage and didn't know how I got buy without them. Hearing that the newer albums talk about god made me ill to the gut, the worst possible sellout tactic.

I still get chills and watery eyes, even as I type this, remembering the times I spent with my brother and the few of my friends that were into it and understood past all the show of dead bodies and shiit. Having a room of ten guys tearing up Chicken Huntin' with the deafening boom of four twelves in a room of 10x12 is a feeling that you rarely get. The idea of their music was to shock and awe. The deep meaning was only there for those that cared to appreciate the music and understand it. To come out and so blatantly say, "Well yeah it was all about god, that was our message" just shows that they either ran out of material, or got lazy.

What happened to sticking with the Jokers cards? Should have stopped there like the plan was.

I'm sorry for ranting, and appreciate anyone who actually read all of that. It's a subject I have strong feelings about, and will defend my views to the grave.

Juggalos fo life.
(Well that doesn’t sound lame… lol)

Quick Reply: Who listens to ICP?