6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

6.4s are now out

Old 03-29-2006, 09:09 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NickFordMan
Why did you even bring CAt into this? We all know CAT has ABSOLUTELY NO interest in the light truck market. They will not be coming out with PU engines. Cummins has a deal with Dodge through 2012. Cummins will not be in a Ford anytime soon. Ford and Navistar are in bed together, and are in a lasting relationship. If ford did leave Navistar, an in-house engine would be used. Not from any other company.

So can we stop with this Cummins, CAT, and bring back the 7.3L BS??? It's not a realistic thought. It's been said many times before. Move on already.

Yes 7.3's are much better. But if CAT made a motor for Ford it sure would be better then the 7.3.

And no it does not hurt to drop a bug in an ear about CAT.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BigF350
Welcome Turbo8...
From my experience, the best thing about CAT is their customer service, they have a good reputation, and are willing to bend over backwards to keep it.
Your right there. CAT does have great customer service.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:16 AM
043fiddy
New User
So if dodge is teamed up with cummins, ford with navistar, then who builds the duramax? I personally would like to see ford work something out with cummins they have proven their reliablity and ability to make power. Also does anyone know what the power is supposed to be on the new 6.4 i seen yesterday the duramax is up to 360/605.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:16 AM
BigBear1
Senior User
Although it may never happen, I also vote that CAT or Cummins should make diesels for the Superduty.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BigBear1
Although it may never happen, I also vote that CAT or Cummins should make diesels for the Superduty.

Good Man.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what about the 7.2L cat motor?

Old 03-30-2006, 02:10 AM
someday
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
i thought the dmax was 650 torque...anything is possible if navistar doesnt deliver...i also question till 2012 for dodge and cummins because cummins would want a bigger commitment from dodge for putting all the r&d for 2010 emmisions or dodge might be giving the 2010 emmisions some growing pains before switching to in house...if ford is till 2009 with nav then the 6.4 is gonna make or break nav?

Old 03-30-2006, 02:43 AM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dunbar15
Nickford, why wouldnt CAT want to make more money and get into the light truck engine market, isnt it always the goal of your company to grow ??
I'm not questioning your knowledge on this, I dont work for CAT or know anyone that does.. Was CAT ever approached by FORD OR GM and asked if they were interested in building motors for the light duty trucks ?? Also I'm all for sticking with navistar if this new engine proves itself, but if has problems like the 6.0 its time to look alsewhere and get the best motor for the best trucks built today..
A CAT engine almost found it's way into a GM truck in the '90's...but GM refused to re-work the front suspension to handle the weight, and stayed with the worthless 6.5L.

CAT has stated many times before that they have no interest in the light duty truck market. So, really, why even bring it into discussion? You can say that you want it, but it's not going to happen...so what's the point? It's not even speculation...it's fact.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:57 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by NickFordMan
A CAT engine almost found it's way into a GM truck in the '90's...but GM refused to re-work the front suspension to handle the weight, and stayed with the worthless 6.5L.

CAT has stated many times before that they have no interest in the light duty truck market. So, really, why even bring it into discussion? You can say that you want it, but it's not going to happen...so what's the point? It's not even speculation...it's fact.

There is a point in deed to talk about the CAT. And sorry you fell that way about it.
And Im sure if you put a poll out there about witch motor if they could have. CAT would win.

Or maybe we could have a CAT movement And get rid of 6.0.

My self the way I see it. You have choices in bigger trucks and the same should be in the smaller ones. On witch Diesel Engine to have.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
d_stange
Senior User
I think the Duramax is made Izuzu and there up to 650lbs-ft. I saw the add in a farm magazine the other day.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:59 AM
wsuarez
New User
The Duramax is a joint effort between GM and Izuzu. GM holds a significant stake in Izuzu as well. In fact there's a new story today that GM is considering selling thier stake in Izuzu to raise cash.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:38 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by d_stange
I think the Duramax is made Izuzu and there up to 650lbs-ft. I saw the add in a farm magazine the other day.
I believe Duramax is made by Izuzu.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:30 PM
checkmate427
New User
Originally Posted by wsuarez
The Duramax is a joint effort between GM and Izuzu. GM holds a significant stake in Izuzu as well. In fact there's a new story today that GM is considering selling thier stake in Izuzu to raise cash.
Correct

Currently the newest version (LBZ) of the duramax is 360/650

Old 03-30-2006, 05:02 PM
043fiddy
New User
I apologize i must be dislexic(sp?) all of a sudden i meant to type 650. In any case they seem to have a stout set-up The 6.0 was once leading the pack and is now trailing so i think ford needs to step it up. Hell a duramax with a programmer can easily exceed 900ft/lbs of torque which is insane and an allison 6spd also seems like a good piece. Damn i sound like a sales person! Aaron

Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sglaine
There is a point in deed to talk about the CAT. And sorry you fell that way about it.
And Im sure if you put a poll out there about witch motor if they could have. CAT would win.

Or maybe we could have a CAT movement And get rid of 6.0.

My self the way I see it. You have choices in bigger trucks and the same should be in the smaller ones. On witch Diesel Engine to have.
I don't care if CAT would win...it's irrelevent. As I've said, 3 times now, CAT is NOT interested in the light duty truck market. So what is the point in even discussing it? Complete waste of time. I'm not saying CAT isn't good...all I'm saying is that this conversation is pointless, and irrelevent to the topic at hand.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.4s are now out