6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

More Gossip about the 6.4

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 AM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If a diesel engine turned 9000 rpm, it would throw a rod, there is no way that is possible.

Last edited by AndysFords; 03-27-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is this eventually going into SUV's?

Old 04-04-2006, 06:20 PM
checkmate427
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can guarantee it has a 3k rpm redline, might be 3200 the engineer was pissed I opened the door and started to get it. And was yelling at us to not to get in. :lol:

Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
captchas
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
Dinosaur and EPA come to mind. Blowing black smoke is the result of poor air to fuel ratio......in Kali-unfortunate the state is going to implement a caller hot line for any driver that spots a truck blowing black soot. NO SMOKE rule
you can add new jersey to the no smoke list.they have a number to call and have rolling road side stops to smoke check . the black smoke the one user likes is surly a thing of the past now with any diesel motor . car,truck. boats any thing really . we all just have to get used to it now .
as to gale banks being involved any one remember fords first diesel in the pick up was non turbo and banks built the first kits . then ford followed suite . i would not doubt his having his hands on a prototype to see what it could handle.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:29 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by captchas
you can add new jersey to the no smoke list.they have a number to call and have rolling road side stops to smoke check . the black smoke the one user likes is surly a thing of the past now with any diesel motor . car,truck. boats any thing really . we all just have to get used to it now .
as to gale banks being involved any one remember fords first diesel in the pick up was non turbo and banks built the first kits . then ford followed suite . i would not doubt his having his hands on a prototype to see what it could handle.
Is that no-smoke thing for real?

Old 04-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
Is that no-smoke thing for real?
Yup D-Max, it's for real:

http://www.aqmd.gov/complain/report_..._vehicles.html

Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
AZAV8
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
O.K. guys for those who don't know ALL the manufacturer's test cars in Arizona for the high heat phases of testing. Ford's is near Kingman, AZ. GM's is on the east side of Mesa's Williams Gateway Airport. Toyota has one West of Phoenix and Chrysler has one West of Peoria, AZ. All out in the boonies and surrounded by vast vegetation covered acres. Except GM and they are selling the one in Mesa and moving. The red tile roofs are surrounding them and the increased civilian air traffic at the airport will fly over the facility. They also test in cold places so the Ontario Canada sounds logical as well. I have seen many vehicles which are obviously test cars with attempts to disguise them. The give away is the AZ manufacturer's plates they have to have on them. Or they can run Michigan manufacturer's plates.

On the 6.4 Powerstroke diesel. From all the rumors it sounds like a couple of possiblities.
One, Ford is having problems with the testing of this engine/drivetrain and has brought in outside help from Banks. Or.
Two, they have things pretty well settled, but want to be able to increase the power to counter any competition from Dodge and GM.
Or Both.

Phil

Old 05-06-2006, 05:18 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think they should give me a 6.4 to test drive to work. I work in alberta, so i have lots of highway driving, and lots of "farmers field" driving