Fabman What's Your Oil Supply?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
PHATCAT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabman What's Your Oil Supply?

I have been brewing for about 5 months and am getting close to the 1000 gal mark. I have read your posts of 300 - 500 gal per week and was wondering if this is waste veg. oil you are using or are you buying virgin oil.

If you'r using waste are you able to find that much oil for free or are you buying it?
I am having trouble finding a cheap souce of oil.

Thanks

Phatcat

Old 03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not fabman, but i think i know the answer. If you read a previous post of his, i think its the eqipment update one, he says he gets his oil from a guy in washington state. I dont think it is free because he also said he gave the guy 100 gallons of bio as trade or sumthin. Look at the post if you want, but if I remember correctly that is what he said. Hope i could help for now,im sure fabman will post, hes always nice enough to help all of us!

Old 03-31-2006, 04:04 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PHATCAT
I have been brewing for about 5 months and am getting close to the 1000 gal mark. I have read your posts of 300 - 500 gal per week and was wondering if this is waste veg. oil you are using or are you buying virgin oil.

If you'r using waste are you able to find that much oil for free or are you buying it?
I am having trouble finding a cheap souce of oil.

Thanks

Phatcat
Hi Phatcat, I haul from 26 restaurants plus a small chip plant. Those I get for FREE, less my time of course. I also haul from washington state about 300 gal/mo, this comes from another hauler and I give him back 1/3 in fuel.

In my area the big boys, Darling International, and Baker Co, don't go more that a mile or two off the interstates, so we try to go to all the small towns that they don't service. Next week I'll be taking a trip to central Oregon to see if I can expand my route that direction.

We also planted 12 acres of irrigated cannola this spring that should yeald aprox 300 gal/acre. If this test plot works good we'll plant several hundred acres this fall.

FABMANDELUX.