The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

The ladies love the 'Stroke!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girls love trucks, but what they love even more are Mustangs. I bought mine when I was junior in high school and high school was really fun because of my '00 Mustang. Still have it (and I also have '05 F-150).

Old 03-21-2006, 12:41 AM
redneckboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by G Lube
I will admit. I love the sound of PSDs. I love the rumble, especially with aftermarket exhausts. I love the sound of the turbo spooling, especially when they are loud as hell. I love almost everything about them expect for the drivability. I CANNOT stand the fact that they do not have instant response. I want to step on them and go. I don't want to give it more than half throttle just to take off as fast as the cars around me. Now, the only truck I have to judge this by is my dad's 96 bone stock PSD, but even with a chip, you will not have the instant response of a gasser. My ideal truck would be the sound of a PSD with the drivability of a gasser.

And no, I'm not trying to start a Gas vs. Diesel debate.

Gary
I dont know my 2000 Powerstroke is stock and it will get up and go pretty damn good. I have out run Chevy gasers many of times and some rice burners. I think the Powerstrokes are pretty good about response. I dont know the older ones I have driven are a little slower but they are also work trucks that have been driven like hell or have a few extra lbs on them.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:42 AM
redneckboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by DD1684
Warren, my truck is a 2000..thinking about getting an '03 7.3 next year with a crew cab though . I guess we'll see what happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Oh and yes, it'll be an F-350 this time!! I didn't want a '99 because they had different turbos, intercoolers and injectors...if I'm not mistaken... The '99 trucks don't sound as nice as the 00-03 7.3s IMO. Especially the '98 build date ones...damn things sound like a can of coffee beans rattling!
99-03 are the same engine. The good thing about the older ones though is the turbo on them is better for air intake mod's.

And yes Chicks Dig trucks especially POWERSTROKES. I love crusing around school in it.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
G Lube
Senior User
Originally Posted by redneckboy
I dont know my 2000 Powerstroke is stock and it will get up and go pretty damn good. I have out run Chevy gasers many of times and some rice burners. I think the Powerstrokes are pretty good about response. I dont know the older ones I have driven are a little slower but they are also work trucks that have been driven like hell or have a few extra lbs on them.
I never said that a diesel won't get up and go. I know it will, because I have pushed my dad's PSD multiple times. But until the turbo spools up, there isn't a ton of power there and its always sluggish. The one time I had to make a quick left turn. I gunned it forgetting that I was driving a diesel and I almost got side swiped until the turbo spooled up and then it took off. I don't want to drive a truck where you have to anticipate jumping into traffic because of turbo lag. I read reports on this site about the 6.0 where people that are towing have power-braked until they hit about 1/2 PSI so that they can take off at a normal rate and not worry about sitting there until the turbo spools up so that they can take off. I want to hit the "Go" pedal and have my vehicle go.

And just for thought, getting back on the origional thread. How do you guys actually know the ladies love the stroke? Just because they turn their heads and look at you doesn't mean they love it. They may think "look at that idiot trying to show how tough he is with his loud truck." And if you ask a girl if they like it, they may not give you an honest reponse. I have heard multiple girls say before that someone with a loud car is an idiot because their car is loud. So I really don't think that all girls 'love the stroke'. My own mom hates how loud the 'stroke' is.

Gary

Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 PM
DD1684
Elder User
Party pooper.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Customz
Postmaster
I have to give a nod to the Mustang Convertible, too. I had a triple white 92 GT Conv in highschool and college it was a lot of fun... so, was the honda accord station wagon.

I couldn't afford the PSDs til after i gradiated but they are hard to park on a college campus. And the CC LB takes up almost two spaces, talk about parking tickets!

Last edited by Customz; 03-21-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
redneckboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by G Lube
I never said that a diesel won't get up and go. I know it will, because I have pushed my dad's PSD multiple times. But until the turbo spools up, there isn't a ton of power there and its always sluggish. The one time I had to make a quick left turn. I gunned it forgetting that I was driving a diesel and I almost got side swiped until the turbo spooled up and then it took off. I don't want to drive a truck where you have to anticipate jumping into traffic because of turbo lag. I read reports on this site about the 6.0 where people that are towing have power-braked until they hit about 1/2 PSI so that they can take off at a normal rate and not worry about sitting there until the turbo spools up so that they can take off. I want to hit the "Go" pedal and have my vehicle go.

And just for thought, getting back on the origional thread. How do you guys actually know the ladies love the stroke? Just because they turn their heads and look at you doesn't mean they love it. They may think "look at that idiot trying to show how tough he is with his loud truck." And if you ask a girl if they like it, they may not give you an honest reponse. I have heard multiple girls say before that someone with a loud car is an idiot because their car is loud. So I really don't think that all girls 'love the stroke'. My own mom hates how loud the 'stroke' is.

Gary
As far as the lag I guess I see what your saying Iono its never bothered me. I never have pulled out in front of traffic that was that close that is has been a factor.
Ok well not all girls but a lot of them do. I know that all my G/F's have loved the truck and they all wanted to get themselves Powerstrokes. I dont know I would rather drive buy a group of girls in a Powerstroke anyday before I drove by in car.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
DD1684
Elder User
Trucks get more attention because EVERYBODY has a loud car. Trucks aren't as common because they're not fast stock for the most part (young guys like fast vehicles), and they're considerably more expensive to buy and maintain. Yes, there are some girls who hate loud trucks, but many love it, and the best part is I didn't blow thousands of dollars to make my truck loud and smelly. It came like that right from the factory!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
G Lube
Senior User
So I must be weird then. My T-bird is completely stock and I intend on keeping it that way. The only thing I might change would be the rear end to a lower gear (3.73s and a LS unit). I do not try to impress anyone. I have a good sound system in my car and I love to blair it but not to get other people's attention. My sub can't be felt or really heard outside of my car and I love that because I do not want to draw attention to me, especially from the police. Everything I do to my car is for me only. I know alot of you guys do the same for your truck but some of you guys also want to turn heads.

A weirdo,
Gary

Old 03-23-2006, 12:53 AM
redneckboy
Senior User
everything I do to my truck is for me Im not going to waste money just to turn heads.But most the stuff i do will turn heads so its a plus.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
DD1684
Elder User
I agree redneck. I don't buy trucks for everybody else to appreciate. It's because it is what I've loved to drive since day one. I've never owned a car. I don't care what people think of my truck, but it is nice when you get a few looks. Definitely an added bonus.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Fordbronco69
Infidel

I get a few compliments a week on my truck.
I also get a few complaints....3rd gear, 1800RPM, turbo whistling, and the loudness of my 36" swampers really angers ppl! y?!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:05 AM
skilife17
Elder User
I haven't gotten any looks from drivign my 97 F150 around the campus. I love how high I sit and look down on all these little cars and think how they like looking into the side of my rig. I have never driven a car, I am just not the type of person who wants to end over to get in. I love stepping up in my truck. For my truck being a 97 with the 4.6 it gets up and goes pretty well for havign a 181000K on the clock. I havend with mine hold the brake and bring the rpms up to about 1100-1500 and let off the brake and mash the gas it will burn rubber through an intersection.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:35 PM
KingRachPrincess
Elder User
Originally Posted by Red Star
Girls love trucks, but what they love even more are Mustangs. I bought mine when I was junior in high school and high school was really fun because of my '00 Mustang. Still have it (and I also have '05 F-150).
ok, a girl has to step in now. lol. girl dont like mustangs more then trucks! where did you get that idea? girls love big, lifted trucks with bad azz tires on 'um. thats all they need to be one happy chick.
and trust me, i would know
Jenny

Old 03-24-2006, 10:20 PM
DD1684
Elder User
For me, it's too much work to get out of a car. With my truck, I just hop right out.

Quick Reply: The ladies love the 'Stroke!