Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

parts cleaner/degreaser

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:58 PM
72stepside
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
parts cleaner/degreaser

Old 08-05-2002, 01:46 AM
thndertruck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parts cleaner/degreaser

Just wondering what you all use as parts cleaner/degreaser. I got a gallon of stuff from a friend and he said it has some cooking oil and other stuff in it. Pretty much all home stuff smells great and works old grease and grime off like a hot knife through butter. I will try to get the "receipe" and post it . What is the best stuff you all have used?

Old 08-05-2002, 02:26 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
parts cleaner/degreaser

Best I've used I guess is a commercial parts cleaner (pump, hose, brush, etc) using PD-680, standard dry cleaning solvent or something like that. Quick and painless. They aren't all that expensive and worth the money if you are working on a big project and have lots of parts to clean.

What I end up using at home is a coffee can and diesel, kerosene, whatever, and a paintbrush/toothbrush.

Keep 'er between the ditches.

Old 08-05-2002, 03:57 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
parts cleaner/degreaser

There are several other threads covering this subject in this forum. Use the search function or just plain look thru the forum to find them. There are all kinds of interesting "solutions":-)