Sponsored by:

Mud Bogging,truck pulling,or Mud drags

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:42 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mud Bogging,truck pulling,or Mud drags

Ok guys whats the most favorite off road event for trucks in your area. In my area or maybe I should say in SE Nebraska truck pulling is a big sport. No 1 Id an then No 2 would be mud drags. IN SD I would guess mud drags are the favorite off road sport for trucks. Ive watched on this forum two guys Thomsen an Ramboss who are definitly in to mud drags big time. Ive checked out several websites up there an it is definitly a big time sport an it looks like Fords are the most popular truck in the sport up there .

Ok another question what does it take to be successful in bogging,truck pulling an mud drags. Trucks definitly have to be built different for the different sports. Speed,power an traction are some off the key ingredients as well as how the truck is built. Thanks for you input guys. I dont post on the offroad forum much but its one off my favorties an have learned a lot from reading everyones posts .

Last but not least are you hooked on the sport your in. My guess is once you do it its in your blood for life. Thanks again for your help.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:03 PM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
around here (western virginia) its boggin. the only pulls we have is when someone doesn't stop runnin their mouth then they go bumper to bumper. if i cant get any where to bog i wait till we have a good rain and tear up the side yard (dad dont like that too much, but i do ).

Old 03-06-2006, 05:13 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
bogging and trail rides... little bit of truck pulls, official and bumper to bumper. not a lot of rock crawling...

Old 03-06-2006, 05:45 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mud bogs and mud drags for events or competitions, and lots of "trail" riding. Truck pulling is real big out here. As far was whats most important in these trucks? Massive power, the suspension and tires to put that tire to the ground and hook up, and a drivetrain that can handle all that power and traction. Not so important for trails, but for sure in mud bogs and drags, and of course truck pulling. Weight savings is nice, especially for mud drags, but I see these guys strip their rigs down to welter weights and if they still have a wussy engine whats the point?

Old 03-06-2006, 06:10 PM
ramboss429
Posting Guru
Me an thosmen aren't so much into the actual "mud drag" that is more of monsterbaby.

The ones that we run are circle tracks/figure 8 type tracks. Run 1 truck at a time and score is based on time or distance, depending on how deep the mud is.

I know my truck wouldn't stand a chance in an actual mud drag, the way mine is setup I would be in the super stock class with a basically stock 390. I'm still going to try it out this summer at least once to see what happens.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:50 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Circle track mud bogging. Now i see. I definitly have not experienced an event like that. Mud bogging yes for a very short distance. But not around a track. That is definilty something Ill have to see. A trip to South Dakota is in order. Gregory might be the closest for me so Ill check with you guys for the exact dates an times. Boy the season will be here before you know it for all the truck sports. Cant wait.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,435 Likes on 936 Posts
around here its mud drags, then mud bogs for competitions

around the south east there are a good bit of trails to run just for fun

Old 03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The most official stuff near me is bogging, and wet dirt drag races(I wouldn't call it mud drags at all). Other than that it's mudding on private land, either it's on a relatives land, or in a near by crawfish lake, duck pond, or rice field, every now and then there are just plan fields w/ mud off in a corner that the owner doesn't care about.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:02 PM
fordraceboy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weight savings is nice, especially for mud drags, but I see these guys strip their rigs down to welter weights
amen proeliator!!! i'm one of those guys who strip my fullsize ford down so far it weighs the same as a toyota!! where about's in oregon you located?

Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 PM
CowboyPenner
Elder User
It's gotta be mud bogs and trail rides that seem to be the most popular things to do around here.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:05 AM
RotGrubestier44
Elder User
In the Indiana/Illinois/Ohio/Kentucky area Truck and Tractor pulls, Diesel Drags, and mod bogs are the most popular. Oh, dirt track racing and demo derbys are too.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
in trucks only around here it's probably a toss up, mud drags, pulling are pretty big, and some guys do the obsticle coarse (my truck isn't set up to make the corners so I don't bother) a little farther east and they do a bunch of bogs although from what I hear there mud bogs in the quad city area are about as deep as our mud drags go figure, and a little south of me in northern MO it's definatly mud drags.
As far as whats important, Traction is number 1-all the hp in the world is worthless if you can't get it to the ground, then hp and lastly weight or maybe those 2 are interchangable. and the truth is thats about whats important in all the above sports to some degree or another.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:50 AM
fordtruggy
Senior User
I live in Rapid city South Dakota and the biggest Offroad sport here is Rock crawling,wich I am involved in.As for MUD! the figure 8 mud boggs are the only ones i have seen.I run a 81 Ford truggy wich I mainly crawl with but it dose have a 460/435 in it so it does see mud once in a while.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:55 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The sport of choice around my area lately seems to be wrenching.

Spokane is mostly trails with a few mud drags. I'm finding a few mud bogs though, which is what I built my truck for but the real mud is over on the coast.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Rocks and trail riding around here. They mud drag in San Antonio, but that NMRO events and waaaaaay to serious for me. I built my truck for mud bogging/ racing. It only sees action about twice a year. Maybe only once this year since the 4wheel jamboree is not having mud. So I'm like Ivan, wrenching is the biggest sport in my neigborhood.

Quick Reply: Mud Bogging,truck pulling,or Mud drags