The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

whats in your truck (or car)... emergancy wise

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Nathane
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats in your truck (or car)... emergancy wise

Ok, since we just got dumped on for snow, and I "got" to help a few ppl (and make some $$) I'm wandering what everybodys got for emergancy equipment in their vehical...

Ive got:

spare tire
jack
jackstands
tire irons (pair of 4 ways)
jumpers
come along
chain
saftey triangle reflectors
blanket
pillow
tape (electrical and clear)
red menards flag (to stick on antenna in emergancy)
CB radio (dunno if it works though)
TRACK PHONE (got at ratshack, not walfart)
quarts o oil
$20 in the glove box

What I want to get:
flashlight
cheap box o tools (rachets sockets screwdrivers vicegrips...)
hose clamps
whinch
ROPE (less damage then chain)
old tire (less damage when pushing bumper to bumper)
water packets
flint/magniesium block (and kindeling)
medical stuff (hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alchol, GLOVES!!!, safety glasses, bandaids, splings, and ace bandages... ect ect)
sharo pocket knife
Gallon of saftey fuel? it wont burn if the engines cold, and its hard as hell on it even when its warm... but its non exposive vapors are good
small bag of dog food, for puppies... REASON BEING??? My grampa(who kicks serious ***) said it keeps for a long time, you will NOT eat it unless your hungry as hell, and its small enough for a traction aid

Anybody else? Its still winter, and if you get stuck in the sticks, youd better have what you need (else its gonna be a LONG night)

Am I wierd for not wanting to spend a day sleeping in my truck, waiting for help?

~Nate

Old 03-14-2006, 12:23 AM
lurchy98
Senior User
I only have a basic set of hand tools and jumper cables. Hope I never have a flat tire because the person I bought the truck from decided to keep the spare tire.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 AM
bassproguy07
Elder User
hmm well i aint got no tools, no flashlight, no jumper cables, a jack, a lug wrench, tie downs, what ease is needed oh yah a cell fone! dnt get into too much trouble around here. oh and a spare tire. oh and to answer ur question, yes your weird! water packets kindling? lol magnesium flint striker? comeon now i mean where are you driving the antarctic? getcha some plane ol steel wool, a 9 volt battery and you got you a fire. Or since its in your truck a friggin lighter and maybe some newspaper to start a fire. Down here it aint the cold that kills ah its the heat! so i wouldnt need either of those unless it was for cookin! but theres always the good ol tell someone where your going and when youll be back kinda thing so if you get lost and aint home when ur supposed to be theyll come a lookin!

Old 03-14-2006, 02:31 AM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
when i aint workin on it and my tool are all together in my ammo box, they are in my tool box, i got an axe in there, sometimes if i think i might need it ill throw a water bottle full of gas in the tool box, always have ether becuase my truck likes to kill batterys and run out of gas so the ether helps get it going with out killin the battery, got some flares but i doubt they will be used for what they are supposed to, if im headin out some where i really dont like i put my shotgun behind the seat, a come along, a tow strap with hooks, a tow cable, a small craftsman jack (i dont know why becuase i dont have a spare tire) i always have a knife on me and a leather man so im good on stuff like that.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:59 AM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, maybe a set of jumpers, Duct tape, Bible, Louisville slugger, Beretta .38 special Laramie Nickel edition, cheap car jack from Advance Auto, and a $7 4-way lug wrench from Wal~Mart.

Last edited by handyman43358; 03-14-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 AM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
oh, i forgot to mention jumpers too.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
john112deere
Posting Guru
Jumpers, spare tire, factory jack, 4-way lug wrench, coolant, spare (old) serpentine, oil, coolant, socket set, a few screwdrivers and wrenches, blanket, knife, some cash, and a CB radio. Snow shovel in the winter.

Not really for emergencies, but I usually have an extra oil filter in the same box in the back. I don't know why I keep it there instead of the garage, but I do.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
I got duct tape, zip ties, 12 gauge, maglite, tools, cb radio, fishing pole, strawberry air freshner tree, and country music thats all i need to survive

Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 PM
blue96psd
Senior User
chainsaw, propane torch, 12ft of chain, 2 tool boxes, cordless drill, flashlight, duct tape, electrical tape, baseball bat. all in my tool box some other stuff to ods and ends

Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres so much crap in my extended cab i'll put down what i can remember.

kabar buck knife, a old 4 foot section of exhaust pipe[substitute for a baseball bat that got broken ], duct tape, electric tape, wire ties, wire stripers, box of various electric conecters and wire, compact 2 ton floor jack, wheel stops, tire iron/lug wrench, 2 jack stands, jumper cables, cheapo walmart wrench set, cheapo walmart socket set, cheapo walmart screw driver set, reflectors, ratcheting tie downs, various chains, tire chains, some rope, oil, coolant, water, extra lug nuts, mag light, about 10 cheapo flash lights, 200,000 candle power spot light, my old pair of boots with 2 pairs of socks shoved inside, several hoodies, gloves, my old hunting camo overalls, a sleeping bag thats used as a cover for my back seat.

im sure theres more but i cant think of anything else right now.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Nathane
Elder User
Fellow survivalists, UNITE

Did i mention mines a single cab... All of this stuff is either behind/under the seat, or in one of 1 rubbermaid containers in the rear end

~Nate

Old 03-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Josh88Ford
Elder User
Cell phone...all i really need.

Jumper cable, chain and belts. Usually have the carhart and a few gloves in the truck anyways

My jack and wrench is in the engine compartment. I have a spare tire, and tried to get it off the other night, but i couldnt . It has a center bolt that i cant figure out. instructions dont help.

A few of you guys seem like you drive a chevy, carrying all those repair tools

Old 03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well here it goes. in the tow rig. hi lift, spare, 4 way, bout 100 feet of chain, 4 chain binders, probly 20 ratchet straps, assortment of all kinds of tools, flash light, axe, come along, strap, bottle jack, a few blocks of wood, usually a gas can, lighter quart of oil, rags, clevis's, spare hooks and chain repair links set of wheel chocks for the car trailer, trailer wiring extention, and theres not much that i cant do to a car on the side of the road with all that. all else fails, i can just throw it on the trailer and bring it home.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:10 PM
condolan
Senior User
I've got a package of Top Ramen (I've eaten it dry before) and a deck of cards in my Toyota. I don't go on long trips in it often, but as my dad has taught me several times, it's always a long wait for a tow vehicle when you get stuck somewhere.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:22 PM
MEPR
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since i perty much have to have all my tools and cool stuff in my truck and use it as its own rolling garage (living in Baracs sucks sometimes). I have EVERYTHING in my truck. When i was driving my mini truck i could barly get a pair of tires in the back i carry so much stuff.

Quick Reply: whats in your truck (or car)... emergancy wise