Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

what am I doing with this Ebay thing?

Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 AM
vintage56
Elder User
vintage56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.vintage56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what am I doing with this Ebay thing?

Okay, so I bid on a truck on Ebay,... hastily. I intended to bid on a '56 F-100, I accidentally bid on a very similar appearing '53 F-100. Which I don't really want. Luckily this truck is relatively close and I can go fetch it. My thoughts are, if anyone is looking to buy a seemingly complete '53 F-100 in the Lebanon, MO area, there's a good deal on one on Ebay! I don't plan to try to squirm out of my bid, my mistake, my hickey, but if I can get out of it, "whew". If I do end up with this truck I see two options. I can part it out on Ebay and from what I can tell, make a little money but will have to do some "work" for it. Option #2 is take the truck with me to TN for the supernationals and try to find someone to take it home from there. Has anybody had any experience selling truck parts on ebay or selling a truck at the nats?

Old 03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
well, send a note to the seller and tell them you made a mistake and advise the you will retract your bid, which is allowed.

Sam

Old 03-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by vintage56
.................Option #2 is take the truck with me to TN for the supernationals and try to find someone to take it home from there. Has anybody had any experience selling truck parts on ebay or selling a truck at the nats?
You might ask Kevin (bigwin56f100). I believe he has sold one there (not positive). I think he is taking a panel there to sell this year.

I am just curious what route you are taking. Are you joining the group from pickups unlimited or going on your own? Several from my club (around Springfield, MO) are going. I hope to be able to go as well.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Okiedokie
Posting Guru
Okiedokie has a good reputation on FTE.Okiedokie has a good reputation on FTE.Okiedokie has a good reputation on FTE.
Looked on Ebay, could not find. I do know a couple of guys lookin, and Lebabon is not far. Got a number?

Old 03-01-2006, 11:23 AM
vintage56
Elder User
vintage56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.vintage56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Item number: 4616321195

Old 03-01-2006, 11:29 AM
vintage56
Elder User
As far as retracting a bid, if I were selling, I wouldn't want to mess with bid retraction. I'm just giving the same consideration I'd expect.

As far as a route to TN, last time I just shot out I-40 but that was back when it was in Pigeon Forge and we had a cabin we used to be able to rent near the Cherokee National Forest. A bit of a drive, but it was quiet, on top of a mountain, and well worth the drive. I haven't settled on an exact route yet-I-40 I'm assuming. And as of yet we're travelling alone. Haven't gotten in touch with the Sooner F-100 crowd yet, but may.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:01 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
I've sold a couple trucks now on ebay. One was a nice 52 f100 4x4 and the other was a builder 1955 with a clean title. Both transactions went very well. I really believe ebay is the place to sell builder/parts vehicles.

I have a 1956 Panel truck that I'm going to take to the supernats to try to sell this year. The reason for taking it there and not doing the ebay thing is ebay gets a percentage of the sale and I'm asking a pretty penny for the panel. Plus taking it to the supernats gives me a reason to go.

Its really not a big deal to retract a bid, Just explain that its not the truck you REALLY wanted and sorry!

any questions about ebay ask away,
Kevin Bigwin

Old 03-01-2006, 01:12 PM
vintage56
Elder User
All is well. I explained and he obliged.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:22 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Yeh, I'm like $6,000 into stuff bought thru EBAY in the last 5 years. I basically did the 4->8cyl swap on my daughters 87 mustang thru ebay.

Plus my sons 66 chevy pickup, and already a lot of parts for my 55 F100.

Plus computer, camera and audio stuff..

Amazing what you can find!. (and its just as easy to waste money on stuff here as at a swap meet!)..

Sam

Old 03-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Bessie
Senior User
Bessie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just took a peek... I'm not real sure that it is a 53 and it appears to be larger then a F100 - F250 maybe. If anyone is considering bidding, I'd ask the seller for the VIN prior to placing that bid.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think I am the only person on the planet who has never bought anything off of evil-bay. Its fun to look at though.

The front axle is 5 bolt. Isn't that the 1/2 ton (F-100)? I thought the f-250 was 3/4 ton and had more bolts. I never paid any attention to the old ones before.

EDIT: Forgot...not supposed to direct link (sorry). Look at the last pic to see what I mean.

Last edited by Brian_B; 03-02-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:03 AM
azwafree
Senior User
azwafree is starting off with a positive reputation.
I sell stuff on Ebay that would've been given away or thrown away. I also find stuff there that I would spend alot of time and fuel to locate.

Anytime you want to look at hot rods, there's a bunch of 'em there.

Ebay is great...I wish I'd thought of it. That and about a million other things!

Old 03-02-2006, 07:36 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to behold
It looks better and is more complete than my 48 when I bought it for the same price...looks like an F-100 to me.

Vern

Old 03-02-2006, 03:43 PM
vintage56
Elder User
Looks like I may be the proud new owner of a '53. Only hours left and no more bids. Anybody need some '53-'55 parts. I can probably use some of it. Wifey's gonna be a little upset. She does our budget and we agreed it was okay for me to find a parts truck. Then our closing on our house went south yesterday due to buyer inexperience and refusal to heed appropriate realtor and lender advice. Now we're not only not getting the big fat equity check, we're also paying for utility reconnections, an extra house payment, blah, blah, blah. And their earnest money is going to be difficult to acquire. I need a frosty one, or ten.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:44 AM
boilerbots
Senior User
boilerbots is starting off with a positive reputation.
I used to go to real auctions but those never go well. Once when I was young I was at an auction and the auctioneer insisted that I had bid and won a box of coffee mugs. I guess I scratched by head or something. Everyone was stairing at me waiting for me to flash my number so I did because I was embarressed.

Lucky for me I got a box of 50 coffee mugs for $7 and before I had left the auction site I had sold about 20 for 50 cents each. So I gave the rest to my friends as stupid gifts and had a funny story to tell with each gift.

Ebay is the way to go as long as the deal is legit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what am I doing with this Ebay thing?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.