The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

I made 55 dollars in tips tonight..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made 55 dollars in tips tonight..

delivering food in my Ford truck. +6/hr * about 5 hours.

Whats everyone here do for cash?

I work for my dad's lanscaping and lawncare business during the summer, help salt/plow snow in the winter and just got a job delivering food, which is soley for making my truck how i want it.

landscaping/snow stuff is for insurance, upkeep, college.. stuff i have to pay for.

Any money i get from this new delivery job is going straight into my truck! It'll be a monster mud bogger in no time with this kinda cash flow! haha.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:24 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
I work at a restaruant, I'm a waiter, last sunday I made $105 in cash tips, not counting credit card tips or my change, working from 7-2, plus the 4.35 an hour. At the shop this week, I usually work on commission, so I ended up with $250 this week, which is about $50 bucks a day.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:33 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Hmmm... I love cash!

Well I'm still in high school, but I get out at 9 and go to work. I'm a residential and commercial electrician during the week. In the evenings I help my dad do remodels and build barns and houses and what not. On the weekends if I'm not working at the places mentioned above, I normally have a car or truck in the garage getting repaired.

I make 9.50 an hour as an electrician, 12 an hour workin for my Dad, and most of the time I work on cars for fun. Sometimes I'll get 40 bucks for a full tune up, but normally I just make them supply the parts, and I do it for fun!

I also farm. I take care of 2 of the local farms around here, mostly just doing hay. I also take care of about 400 acres of beans, wheat and corn. It's a busy life!

Old 03-02-2006, 09:51 PM
spidk43
Senior User
I make $55 a month filing stock for grampa (EASY money)

I teach violin for an hour a day after school to elementary kids for $9 a day.
I also play gigs (violin) for whatever money I can get out of it. I'm playing in the pit orchestra for Beauty and the Beast at a local high school, and they are paying (my high school doesnt pay for me to play with them...)

Summers past I would mow for a quick buck, and in addition to that this summer, i'm going to be helping out at an auto shop. Guy works mostly on restoring old/classic cars. Don't konw what kinda money I'll be looking at there.. but not a ton. just some extra $$$ for ga$.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:22 PM
john112deere
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I'm home, I do maintenance work at an assisted living facility down the road. I end up doing a lot of painting, but if something comes up, that's what I do.

I haven't found a job here at school yet (haven't tried all that hard, either), but I plan to find one soon.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:31 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
work 1-5 every monday thru friday, warehouse work $7.40 an hr. i do auto detailing on the side when the shop calls, 115 bucks a pop for a full detail usally takes 4-5 hours depending on what shape the vehicles in, bussiness is very slow during winter, but more then makes up for it when summer rolls arounds.

my buddy owns a mowing and land scaping bussiness, ive helped him the last 5 summers. once again no bussiness in winter but picks up in the summer. cant wait for summer thats when all the moneys made.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Aznboi
New User
work at my parents restaurant and get paid bout $12 an hour... pretty good money for my age (16) been working since i was 9 but yah...

Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I used to have a management job as a supervisor for a call center but I lost that job because the company went south.

I've worked construction with my dad in the meantime to pay bills but I'm currently job hunting.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:39 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boy you young guys pull down some pretty good money, Dont forget to save some off that money for a rainy day or maybe a new truck someday. OK Im outa here. Im to old top be in this forum but i do enjoy reading your comments.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:49 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
i used to make about 30 a day in tips at a resturant plus 2.15 an hour, i had to quit that job because m grades started going south and my parents said School comes first. Now that my grades are up theyre on my butt every day bout getting a job, kinda hard to pay for diesel at 2.35 a gallon! I just applied at bass pro shops cuz they fired a bunch of people but ionno if theyll call me cuz ive appied like 5 times already and no reply. But anyways yall keep it up and oh yah How do you become an electrician in high school???

Last edited by Beast12; 03-03-2006 at 08:15 PM. Reason: removed hell
Old 03-03-2006, 09:40 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 150ford
Boy you young guys pull down some pretty good money, Dont forget to save some off that money for a rainy day or maybe a new truck someday. OK Im outa here. Im to old top be in this forum but i do enjoy reading your comments.

It might not seem like much to some of the older guys with better jobs, but at this age, generally, there's nothing to pay for but gas and insurance (maybe a truck payment) so it adds up pretty quick.

oh, and i made 45 in tips tonight! i love this job.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
how many of yall have aim or sumthin i cant get into this stupid chat room on here and i hate posting back n forth but want other ways to talk bout trucks...if yall have aim hit me up sns the same as this one oh and all my tips from my job went to gas, dnt have a payment n dnt pay for insurance

Old 03-03-2006, 09:54 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bassproguy07
how many of yall have aim or sumthin i cant get into this stupid chat room on here and i hate posting back n forth but want other ways to talk bout trucks...if yall have aim hit me up sns the same as this one oh and all my tips from my job went to gas, dnt have a payment n dnt pay for insurance

You might need the Java plugin for the chat to work if you don't have that already. If you need me to send it to you, hit me up: TritonPower4x4

Old 03-04-2006, 01:23 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Originally Posted by handyman43358
Hmmm... I love cash!

Well I'm still in high school, but I get out at 9 and go to work. I'm a residential and commercial electrician during the week. In the evenings I help my dad do remodels and build barns and houses and what not. On the weekends if I'm not working at the places mentioned above, I normally have a car or truck in the garage getting repaired.

I make 9.50 an hour as an electrician, 12 an hour workin for my Dad, and most of the time I work on cars for fun. Sometimes I'll get 40 bucks for a full tune up, but normally I just make them supply the parts, and I do it for fun!

I also farm. I take care of 2 of the local farms around here, mostly just doing hay. I also take care of about 400 acres of beans, wheat and corn. It's a busy life!
You definetly arn't afraid of some hard work.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:12 AM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bassproguy07
How do you become an electrician in high school???
Desire, dedication, and luck. My neighbor started a company about 4 years ago, and in August of 2004 when I was 16 I joined the crew. There was 4 of us at the time (including Jerry- my neighbor/owner.) We have went through 7 guys since then, who are in their mid 20's to late 30's. Now it is just Jerry and I, because we can't find anyone around here who is worth a damn. No one knows how to work anymore. They just want to complain about the heat in the summertime and the cold in the winter. Me on the other hand, is lucky to not have rung the sweat out of his shirt 4 times in a day in the summer.

From when I started until mid January before I turned 18 finally, I had learned everything I could legally learn (wasnt supposed to work with anything that was live). The day I turned 18, I was sent out on a service call to change out a 400 amp service at an old farm house. I had to climb the pole outside since it was an overhead service, and cut the wires loose up top. Scared me at first, but I knew I had to do it, or else I wouldnt advance any further from where I was at.

If theres anyone around who lives in Central Ohio who wants to become my helper this summer and be trained, let me know! As soon as I graduate high school I'll be in my own truck, ready to tackle the world! Anyone want to help me?

Quick Reply: I made 55 dollars in tips tonight..