Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

NE Area's March 4th G2G

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:03 AM
KSCwgirl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NE Area's March 4th G2G

Hooters, 119th & Strang Line in Olathe. Usual time. Have fun, boys!!!!

Old 02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
How do we get there?

Old 02-20-2006, 09:05 PM
UnderTakr
Elder User
From Lawernce take K-10 east to 435 east. Then take I-35 south to 119th street. Turn left from the exit ramp and go to first light after the bridge and thats Strange line Road. Turn right and take a left and first light. Then you want to turn right in about 50 feet. Its next to Texas Raodhouse and south of Joes Crab Shack!! Anyone get lost can call me on my cell!! 913-208-8130

Jeff

Old 02-28-2006, 02:26 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thought I'd bring this to the top. I don't think I'll drive up for this. But I could change my mind. As it's this weekend I thought others might want to post on if they'll be there or not.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Well no more interests in any of the locals showing, I am not gonna bother going.
Why should I drive and hour when no one else will be there.
I made plans with the family instead this weekend.
Mark

Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 PM
UnderTakr
Elder User
Well it seems this GTG has died. Everyone worried about going to tuttle and all, no one decides to go to the Kansas City GTG. Kinda of a bummer cause i was lookin forward to see some of ya guys. Hell it kinda seems this chapter has fallen apart and most went there own way.

thats why i havent posted in awhile cause i seen this coming!
Just my thoughts im pounding out here!!

Jeff

Old 03-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Maybe we should have a moveable G2g once a month? The idea has been kicked around... Thoughts?....

For me personally KC is a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive depending on where the g2g is... and I just can't make it that far.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Jeff, no need to blame any persons for not showing up at GTG that have been actually showing up. No need to blame Tuttle for the lack of interests in the KC area.
Chad, we have moved the GTG around. Emporia last month, Lawrence the month before that and the Christmas party the month before that. Yes, this Chapter is dying in the KC area. It is thriving really well in others. Not gonna place blame. Not my place to do so.
Mark

Old 03-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
LOL,
My wife just read this thread.
If anyone cares to remember, The GTG that was in Lawrence was in fact at my house where my wife kindly pointed out that we fed all the people that showed. We had chili, tacos hot dogs and all of the fixins. Had a great time too! but not one KC member drove to Lawrence for this meet.
My point is, if none of the KC members are going to participate, there is no reason to have the GTG in KC.
I am going to get off my soap box now.
I am done commenting.

For now.
Mark

Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Mark that was my point.. instead of 2 g2g 's a month maybe we could cut it down to 1, roving one. I was at Emporia and I remember you there... but no one from the KC area came to that one either, that I remember. (I could be wrong) Now that the weather is nicer we could have them outdoors instead of just in restraunts as well. Woodlawns would love to have us back as a club, and the Bar in Wichita last time gave us a private room, and would like to have us back there as well. Tony and Mark have hosted them at their houses fairly recently. Maybe instead of trying to fill up a set weekend night we could have it around an event... Like if there is swap meet in Emporia on a Saturday.. we could go to the meet - then all go to supper somewhere.

Just kicking around a few Ideas...Trying to stir up interest...

So what does everyone else think?????

Old 03-01-2006, 08:00 PM
UnderTakr
Elder User
Thats ok Mark, yea i didnt show up at your house for the GTG and to tell ya the truth i felt outta place! As for the KC gtg i have shown up to each and every one except when we all went to the lake. As for all the others i have driven to Lawernece to a GTG if i remember correctly.

As far as im concerned right at this moment, i dont have time to be on this board and post for as i have a newborn to take care of. I wish ya all good luck and maybe someday i will see ya arounds!!

Peace to everyone and hope your dreams come true!!
Jeff

Old 03-01-2006, 10:48 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I kinda like the idea of moving around and meeting maybe once a month at different places. With all the things going on it gets to be a little much to drive 2-3 hours just to eat and visit for awhile. Maybe meeting at a place or event that is an all day or part of the day anyway would be more worth the drive. The KC area meet was winding down to mainly people from outside of KC going to them. Other then Jeff no one else came from the KC area. Mark and Tony are the only ones even close that made the trip the others were from a lot farther away. The Wichita meet is still going great as that goes. No one should be to blame it just happens. Outside of a small group that made meets everything else was just a forum or computer group. For me to go to a G2G with my boys it costs around 100-150 bucks for a decent meal and a few hours to visit a little. Now I really enjoy the time with all my friends and still continue to go if I can. At the same time I can spend half that and have a fun weekend 4-wheeling with great friends. I guess I am saying that for me I have had to set my sights on what gets the most out of a meet.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
The option is still open if members want to meet somewhere, it only takes 3 to have a g2g. Does anyone have a suggestion for a location on short notice?

Old 03-02-2006, 01:47 AM
kbkathri
Senior User
I liked the idea of going to Woodlands for a GTG. Wasn't someone going to work on setting that up?

Old 03-02-2006, 10:25 PM
mosmrtazz
Junior User
i've only been here a short time how often do the g2g happen in the kc area? its a hour drive but i'm willing to make it to meet some of you . i just need to know when and where thanks for any help

Quick Reply: NE Area's March 4th G2G