Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Ford Truck Wins Daytona!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya what is up with the yates/roush motors? can't they keep up or what? i mean if earnhardt and childress went together, i can just hear everone crying foul.

BTW their are other rearends out there besides a 9inch ford. that is just what nascar mandates since in the begining everyone used them anyway.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What in the hell are you talkin about? Roush/Yates builds one of the best engines out there period. Even when they were seperate companies they build damn good engines. Unless you've been to a Childress or DEI race shop (I've been to DEI and Yates (before they joined with roush)), then I don't wanna hear anything bout Yates not keeping up. The Yates shop was much more professional looking than DEI.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
The guy's out to lunch! Obviously he doesn't watch the races, or does with rose-colored bowtie shaped blinders on. Those Fords pull those shivy's down the straights and through the turns. Luckily for us gmna$car finally caved in 2 years ago after forcing Ford to wait 12 years (suppose to be every ten years per upgrade, except if your shivy then it's only 5 years) and let Ford upgrade there heads. Ford is still running a 70's based Cleveland, oldest in the series.

As for the Ford 9" rearend, yep there are other rearends, but really none that can compare to theirs in durability. So, it would make sense if they all used them anyways, they might as well mandate em.

Roush/Yates, or Yates/Roush motors are second to none!! If it weren't for gmna$car's favors to gm, they wouldn't be anything but a joke out there.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:29 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry if this offends any Dale Jr fans.... but...

NASCAR NEEDS TO GET OUT FROM BENEATH HIS DESK! I swear I'm sick of all the commercials with this guy. For instance, Jr could be in 33rd position, yet the camera would still be "glued" to his area. And what about the pit stops? Have you ever NOT seen Jr being shown in one of the 3 boxes showing pit progress? Jr could be 43rd and still have a spot on that camera. I'm sorry but if it wasn't for his Fathers death he would be nothing to this day. Steve Park was the main man at DEI until Sr died. Then everyone felt sorry for Jr. I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to earn my fame that way. Nothing was ever just handed to me.

Sorry that was my rant for the day! I know it was off topic, but Fordsflylow's post made me think bout that!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:03 PM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
handyman i agree. i am not a jr fan. i was a senior fan, but i agree with you 100%. i am a harvick fan. not that i like harvick per say, but rather he is a young gun like me and he drives seniors old car.

BTW last year nascar mandated that everyone run the same rear end ratio because DEI was running a taller gear and winding their engines higher therefore having more hp. DEI did this for a full year.....then nascar steps in and says "you can't do that because you will blow your motors up, and that is a hazard to others on the track" the ironic part is that DEI only blew 1 motor i think. lol

seriously i don't really even like Nascar anymore because everything is so IROC it is unbelievable.

i wish it would go back to the national association of stock car racing. ever since nascar started with regulating the big wings on dodges, everything went down hill from there.

oh and restrictor plates are BS. put up a bigger fence for the fans and if you are too chicken to race at 250mph get the heck out of the car.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
89300L64x4
Senior User
Originally Posted by duramaximizer
oh and restrictor plates are BS. put up a bigger fence for the fans and if you are too chicken to race at 250mph get the heck out of the car.
id probly watch it more if they went back to no restictor plates