Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

How to get rid of it

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 AM
goodie350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get rid of it

So over the weekend I have a guy leveling off this hump in my backyard with his bobcat and changing it so the grade doesn't go toward the house, and he hits this patch of concrete slag. He digs it all out and now I have a 16ft trailer full of this crap. Who would bury this in their backyard anyways?? I guess I could take it to the landfill but don't know what it's going to cost me since the stuff weights in at least 5,000 lbs. Since it is just basically big rocks and no trash are there other options one can dispose of this stuff?

It would make a great lawn ornament for anyone who wants it.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Dallenx
Junior User
Find someone with a hillside slope. Around here, contractors will use it for backfill. There is also a cemetary here that is accepting clean fill like that because they are trying to build up a big drop off.

How about finding out if any local group needs to build up hills in their bmx or skateboard park.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
The landfill should only charge the normal fee for residential dumping. I've hauled the truck and trailer full with no problem to the landfill. They do charge for 2 vehicles though, 7 bucks for the truck and 7 for the trailer.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
mbryson
Cross-Country
We saw that happen in our old subdivision before. We were one of the first houses completed while they finished off the rest of the 80 homes. As the junk piled up, my wife observed a large hole being dug in the backyard of a home being built. It was then filled with all kinds of junk (cement blocks and whatnot) and then smoothed over.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
goodie350
Senior User
Yeah I had a friend that did that with some extra property and then subdivided it so it's someone elses problem now. I couldn't find anyone that just needed fill so it took it to the landfill. I ended up being over the weight limit so it cost me $50 to dump it. It was 5 1/2 tons that I dug up and hauled off. It was a heavy load but atleast it's gone now.