Kennbelle Supercharger for 460efi

Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Still looking for the Kenne Bell. I did manage to get an owners/installation manual from KB that has very nice pics of step by step install of a twinscrew on a efi 460. Had My
F3TE heads ported and polished with 2.19/1.76 valves, but dont have them on the truck yet. I think the KB kits for my truck are sitting somewhere with the lost ark.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Bump. Still searching.......

Old 04-01-2011, 07:59 PM
rcjohn44
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 94 4 door dually. I installed the same Jasper trans you have, and yes it shifts hard which i think is great as I pull a 35 ft 5th wheel. I also have Banks headers and exhaust, stock SD system. When I installed the headers it took my stock truck to a tire smoker right off idle, I think the only down side to the Banks system is it does start to give up after about 3800rpm, but that might be the stock cam giving up also.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Man that really makes me scratch my head about the Banks headers... I have had them on this truck for 10 years now on the stock engine and now on the I built, and they respond the same. Before the headers when I just has the manifolds w/ out cat to 3" and then 3 1/2 " tailpipe it ran like a bat out hell from off idle (and oh how it would melt the tires) and peaked out at 3630, by 4000 rpm it was dead....similar to yours. The headers didnt really change my power band up top, but it had a lot more before it fell on its face. Several different guys at Banks all told me it should run like you say yours does.....man that is frustrating......sometimes I wonder if it has something to do with cam timing, but then I think about how good the truck ran before the headers. Last time I had it dynoed it showed it just over 400 ft/lbs. at the wheels from about 1,500 rpm (it sure doesnt feel like it) and climbed from there to a peak of 420, I would say that at the same point on the stock engine it was prob only pulling about 350 at the same rpm. I really like my transmission, I have about 55,000 miles on it now, although 1st to 2nd shift has softened up a bit. I think I'm going to take the valve body apart next time I service and see if theres a broken spring or oring. For some reason the gearing in this one always felt different compared to my stock trans. I dont know if they were different for the diesels or not. Its still my work truck and gets used everyday, I have all these parts lying around to put on it (exept the KB obviously) and cant find the time to do any of it......Its amazing what two kids will do to your scedule

Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 PM
rcjohn44
Freshman User
Per the trany, I do believe they loose the neck jerk after a few thousand miles. I just know the headers woke up my 460. As soon as I find a usable 460 I am going to do a build with a Crane roller lifter cam, balanced, and ported heads still using the SD Hopefully built and in the truck by NASCAR in Bristol, TN in August.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Bump...... Still looking for the D-271-5 Kenne Bell..... theres got to be one sitting somewhere.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 AM
jokerforever
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you find two I'll take your extra one

Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Haha. yeah likewise. I'm preparing myself if I ever do find one...to pay a lot of money. I have found a lot of odd parts and accessories in hunting for one. I know theres one sitting somwhere not being used- just need out find out where and who has it I would really like to find out just how many they made or sold, but that info is pretty vague.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM
bobbyjo9
Senior User
Originally Posted by Deerediesel
Haha. yeah likewise. I'm preparing myself if I ever do find one...to pay a lot of money. I have found a lot of odd parts and accessories in hunting for one. I know theres one sitting somwhere not being used- just need out find out where and who has it I would really like to find out just how many they made or sold, but that info is pretty vague.
I wonder how many interested buyers it would take to make them consider putting together another run of the kit. Im sure they still have the specs on file. Never know if ya dont ask

Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
When I called KB, I sked that question to the guy on the other end of the phone and he pretty much said they were done with any type of truck kits, just doing cars from now on....that was the 3rd or 4th time I called... the 1st several calls I made was like talking to a wall. The guy could have cared less about what I was asking, I guess I just happend to get a more professional person that time. He told me the truck kits did sell well enough, and I siad yeah I can understand that- when you have no advertisement that I know of (at least where I'm at)-- they dont have a chance. Like most gearheads I've been messing around with this stuff since I was aloud to use somebodys tools. Been into Ford performance stuff since I was a teenager and I think the 1st time I ever saw the name Kenne Bell I was probably 24 years old. At the same time I bought my '97 w/ 460 (I was about 20-21) as far as I know you could still purchase this kit new from KB, man that makes me sick. I dont know if I was the only one under a rock or what. After looking at the layout of the kit in my owners manual I got from them, It looks like if you had the intake plenum between the throttle body and blower, front pulley brace, and lower intake that bolts to the factory EFI manifold, you could easly piece the kit together from other common parts, assuming you could get a big enough blower. The manual really doesnt say what size the blower is. It just states that its a Kennebell TS-2000 Twin Screw Whipplecharger kit. I need to get set up so I can scan some of these pics and post them on here. Its funny, in the manual it shows the inlet assy., blower, and upper manifold as all one piece. There are no seperate part #s for them.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:43 PM
jokerforever
Elder User
Yeah, brother I would love to see that manual. When you get the time please scan and post it here.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
I dont have enough posts to attach pictures. Can I PM them to you and you can post them on here for me and everyone else to see? I scanned several pics from the manual I got from KB. Anyone can get it, I just placed an order for it and it showed up here after 3-4 weeks and about $20 later.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 AM
jokerforever
Elder User
You should be able to post pics by now. If you can't use use HTML or IMG code from Photobucket then you should be able to put it in a Album here and use IMG.

Damn. It sounds like I know what I'm talking about. I'd never thought I'd get the hang of this computer crap but here I am.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Well I still have not been able to post the pics of the KB kit like I wanted to. The only other update I have on my truck is that my fancy-shmancy hi hp jasper "monsterbox" transmission took a puke on me today, with a whopping grand total of 57,000 miles on it. I can still remember the guy telling me it was garanteed for 600hp behind a powerstroke....hahaha. The most my engine has ever put out since then is around 350hp/500 ft.lbs. at the crank. My truck has been a daily driver work truck, pulled stock trailers, played around on the hwy a little, never done any burnouts, and always run amsoil trans fluid. I guess I didnt beat the crap out of it enough like my factory one-- I really abused that one from day one. And that damn thing never missed a gear or slipped not once in 150,000 miles that it was in my truck...even after being overheated to around 250 at 120,000mi.....hmmm.....I'm pissed --I almost forgot, when I put the jasper in my truck I installed a B&M tranny cooler with electric fan and built in 180 thermostat.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Deerediesel
Senior User
Bump. Anyone seen one of these lately??...............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kennbelle Supercharger for 460efi