Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Seemed like a good idea....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:26 PM
petes79f150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Seemed like a good idea....

Don't know if this one will get booted or not, but here goes. I'm sure a lot of you (myself included) appreciated getting that little $45 or $90 rebate from the state not too long ago. Well, it's considered "other income" and taxable by IRS. That means if you already filed a 1040 EZ, you now have to file an ammended return. Besides the $$$$ it cost to send us those checks, the feds are gonna get $6 mil. of OK's money. For the people that can't or don't do their own paperwork, add the cost of having your taxes done again. Was anyone aware of this before they "went public" today? I mean, it seemed like a nice gesture at the time, but now I'm not so sure. Actually, I'm a little P.O.'d. Seems like they could have just used the money for say, FIXING THE ROADS? Or at least keeping our money here in Oklahoma. Rant over.-Pete

Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hmm... actually, I got shafted on that anyways (although, appearantly not as much as I might have had I gotten the check), I never recieved one because I was claimed as a dependent last year.

Oh-well.

STan

P.S. It won't get booted as long as it doesn't get too heated.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:26 PM
petes79f150
Posting Guru
Yeah-I tryed to stay away from the political rant I really wanted to go on.....