Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Superbowl big three...looks like a hybrid vs.cadi

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
jaybird
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Superbowl big three...looks like a hybrid vs.cadi

I was shocked.I seen that the detroit dome had a big blue ford logo on top of the outside dome but I did not see any commercials from FORD depicting any of fords trucks; current or new models.This is detroit after all.
I seen that the escalade(cadillac) was advertised and another ad" every thing seemed green hybrids" also advertisement.Oh and I seen a toyota getting pounded and sunk in the ocean reefs during high tide then a guy opens the door and starts it and drives off during low tide(what a joke).

Did I miss a Ford TRUCK advertisement during the superbowl?Matter fact what did you guys feel about the automotive ads?

Old 02-05-2006, 10:08 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the ads this year were terrible. Nothing really that good except a few bud light commercials.. I was kind of disappointed that the only thing Ford advertised was for the hybrid escape.. i was hoping for the debut of the 6.4TT and new superduty to crush the competition, or a new engine for the expedition/f150. The caddy commercial wasn't that good I don't think. The toyota truck commercial was pretty good.. the best automotive one.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
jaybird
Senior User
I agree with you they were terrible.I too thought the caddy was nothing special.It still looks too big only now you get big wheels stock to go with that big caddy superstar/made it image.lol

The ford ad about the hybrid made it seem as if FORD is committing verbally to going all "GREEN".My interpretation is that we that are hoping on a new really powerful ford truck engine may have to wait until the cows come home.
I think ford is going to play it too conservatively on the new 3/4 and 1tons for a while.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:34 PM
jaybird
Senior User
I just want to say I'm not bashing I just was hoping,hoping that Ford would show us a tough truck during the superbowl.

I really am ready to trade my current F350 dually in on a new F350 that will make me feel happy and confident.I am happy now with my F350 but its a 2001 and I am hungry again.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
iwisha350
Freshman User
I'll tell you something, Ford better hurry the heck up and let us know about the new super duty or some of us might end up buying something else. I wont because I love Ford too much but Im starting to run out of patience.I guess like the old saying goes, Good things come to those who wait. MMMM

Old 02-06-2006, 09:46 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Pushing large fuel guzzling vehicles is not currently pc. Cadillac can do it because they are not known for fuel efficiency (even though some are pretty good) or selling to the mainstream. Their target market for the Escalade is the pro or potential pro athlete, movie stars, singers(hip hop, gangsta, etc) and the wealthy or pretending to be wealthy who are not concerned about the cost of fuel or the cost of the vehicle.

The mainstream manufacturers want to be depicted as companies who care about conservation and the well being of the country. In advertizing, facts don't matter.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The superduty is so far ahead off the competition now. Theres nothing close to it. Chevy just has a car disguised as a truck. Not a real truck. Dodge we wont even go there. Not worth talking about. For two an a half million dollars a minute. Ford could better spend there advertising elsewhere.

Last edited by 150ford; 02-06-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Snake1979
Elder User
First things first. Ford being on top of the stadium is always there, its FORD Field. Ford did have some commercials, but nothing spectacular, think they were relying on their name being plasterd over everything in Ford field.

Now the caddy, yep, pretty suv. But its a gas guzzling truck that is for a specialized market. If gm really thinks the suv is still going to be their cash cow, I think they are badly mistaken.

Ford was trying to sell the fusion and the hybrid escape, a car that has already become a hit, and a small suv that is increasing in popularity.

Did chrysler even have a commercial? if so nothing memorable.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Ford4-life
Senior User
I was pissed Ford field in detroit motor city usa and all i seen was a bunch of bs toyota and honda ridgeline comercials, which were blown way out of proportion, arnt tacomas natorious for the bedline to just fall out what a rugged truck,lol. I was hopng for the intro of the new shelbys or superduty, come on. The escalade comercial and escape high bred were the only new american cars it was bs. And the game itself no comments all ill say is it was behind the line and that was not pass interference, hopely next yr we'll have better commercials and better game,lol.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:37 PM
jaybird
Senior User
It looked like FORD was the home team,CADILLAC won the XL-superbowl,

HYBRID was there protesting the game with there Pro-life/anti-war
demostration and sending subliminal messages to all the fans "YOUR A LOSER IF YOU DON'T RALLY WITH US HYBRIDS "

and TOYOTA contolled the outcome of the game AND proved that it was high
tide and they were still fighting the currents and when the high tide rolled out they were the only ones left standing(Oh what a feelin).

The games just are'nt the same anymore boys!!

Last edited by jaybird; 02-06-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:48 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
I think it's funny that people are complaining because Ford is taking their sweet time to release info on the new SD and 6.4..... but then they forget that rushing the 6.0 to the market made it a poor engine at first, thanks to the lack of R&D. I think Ford is doing things right.... good things come to those who wait!

Old 02-06-2006, 09:53 PM
iwisha350
Freshman User
Handyman , you are startin to sound like me lol

Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Didn't even see that your original post ended the same. I just read the first part that said Ford better hurry up....... then I posted! Lol so actually my first post was directed to yourself, but not in a mean or harsh way whatsoever. No pun intended my friend.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:08 PM
iwisha350
Freshman User
No sweat man its cool

Old 02-06-2006, 10:26 PM
jaybird
Senior User
Who's always complaining??

Originally Posted by handyman43358
I think it's funny that people are complaining because Ford is taking their sweet time to release info on the new SD and 6.4..... but then they forget that rushing the 6.0 to the market made it a poor engine at first, thanks to the lack of R&D. I think Ford is doing things right.... good things come to those who wait!
You following me. I'm not complaining that FORD "is taking their sweet azztime and not telling us customers (Something)" I was making a light sided joke of the advertising...
Your anger should be redirected elsewhere away from us Ford Brothers,lighten up.It was a fun tone

Gees handyman I can't tell who your talking to.You did post right after my post and no quote was in there so,maybe we all can shoot ourselves in the head and get this over with;me included

Last edited by jaybird; 02-06-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Superbowl big three...looks like a hybrid vs.cadi