Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Western slope folks check in here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:51 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if your looking north, the west side is on the left??
Just wondering cuz I lived in boulder for awhile.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Hmmmm, isn't the "Republic of Boulder" about as far left as one can live?

FYI: I live in southeast Colorado. Sort of........

Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Yah, well some things never change.
RIKFISH used to go that direction when i was driveing over the road towards amarillo
by the way of hwy 287? been awhile. Anyhow guess yer about as far right as one can
go from boulder. But the western slop of colo is on the left and I've read about all the
cool four wheelin that goes on in the part of the state and southern utah. And I've
seen the size of the ELK.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
boggerman
Freshman User
Indeed.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I hope I wasn't misunderstood! I LOVE the west slope, just haven't had the opportunity arise to live there yet. I used to spend a fair amount of time up in the Flattops, but alas, just can't do that these days.

I am not really not that far east of Boulder, more southish. Lived in the northwest burbs of Denver for 22 years, moved to Pueblo just about 4 years ago. A move I should have made a LONG, LONG, time ago.

I think we should have all the Colorado natives ring in next. We seem to be a diminishing group!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
boggerman
Freshman User
Originally Posted by rikfish
I think we should have all the Colorado natives ring in next. We seem to be a diminishing group!
Now would that be actually born here, or just 20+ years living here?

Old 02-09-2007, 07:46 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Im not native either, but i did spend time in the school system K thru 12. Would that
be close enought? Personally would have never left but Navy boeing and life has me
here in Washington state. And my Aunt and Uncle live in Arvada.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I was born in Denver.

I have mixed feelings on longevity qualifying one as a native. Probably, IMHO, one must have been born here to be a 'native'.

i1dery, I lived in the Arvada/Westy area for 22 years. Most of it around 88th. & Garrison, near Standley Lake.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
boggerman
Freshman User
Well, I believe I was always meant to be here, I was simply born in the wrong state. Moved to GJ in '86, at the tail end of the oil shale bust. So I guess I will have to settle for displaced semi-native.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:26 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
RIKFISH,
Yah my aunt and uncle and my uncle lived about a quarter mile up the street from the
Bandemeres? as in the speed way bandemere's (not sure of the spelling there). I agree
that the only way to be a native is to be born somewhere, but i do have many fond memories after only 12 yrs there, and would love to come back, now if I can only convince boeing to locate the airplane plant there.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It does seem odd; my wife was born in Arizona, but she's "from Ohio".

I'm glad she's finally getting to spend time in the hills, she stopped talking about living anywhere else. I reeeeaaaaally need to get her over to Glenwood Springs, I think she'd like that. 8~P

Old 02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
hush210
Senior User
Hey all, just thought Id join in. I live in the great big town of silt. Spent most of my time in GJ though.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by i1dery
RIKFISH,
Yah my aunt and uncle and my uncle lived about a quarter mile up the street from the
Bandemeres? as in the speed way bandemere's (not sure of the spelling there). I agree
that the only way to be a native is to be born somewhere, but i do have many fond memories after only 12 yrs there, and would love to come back, now if I can only convince boeing to locate the airplane plant there.
Not knowing what you do at Boeing, all I can suggest is looking into Adam Aircraft, located in Pueblo, at the airport business park. That is if you are interested in the other side of the state! Pueblo isn't a bad place to live, housing is reasonable, and we have a fair amount of activities here. Lake Pueblo State Park offers some good recreation. Just a short drive to the hills through Canon City. I NEVER thought I'd ever live here, but glad I finally got out of the Denver area zoo. Close enough to the Springs if one wants more.

They are a start-up manufacturer of light-weight business aircraft. They have an R&D plant here, might do some manufacturing. I took a tour a few years ago, looked at employment there. THe planes they are building are composite airframes, both turbo-prop and jet. I am not sure if either plane has been certified for commercial build yet. I know the plan (last I heard) is to manufacture their aircraft in Utah, using Pueblo for R&D and such in the future.

http://www.adamaircraft.com/

Old 02-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Rick, is the steel plant still operational? Just last week I was telling one of my co-workers about taking a tour there...30 years ago! LOL

Welcome aboard hush! My youngest goes to Central in GJ.

Last edited by Hypoid; 02-18-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
Yup RIKFISH it would be nice but with over sixteen years at my current location ill have
to wait til i retire to relocate. And by the way im a Quality Control Inspector and have
done this on all of boeings current model and the 757 but not the 787....yet in time.
But thanks for the lead incase i get laid off for good.

Quick Reply: Western slope folks check in here!