nantruckit
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
veg oil with mods

I have an 01 Excursion with 7.3PSD that has a few mods incl. but not ltd. to:
6 pos. chip by Jody Tipton
Kwik intake system
Straight exhaust
I have an appointment to get a complete straight veg. oil system installed at the end of this month. Can I expect to see the same performance running on SVO as BIO or Petro diesel? Are there any risk factors to running SVO through these performance enhancements? Any insight or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:30 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
You will probably see a slight power decrease running SVO. As far as risk, I would be a little worried about not being able to heat the fuel up completely. I don't know what system you're going with, but the ones I've read about want you to have two inline heated filters vs. 1 for smaller motors, and this is on an otherwise stock motor. I don't know how much extra fuel your program pushes thru thru. On top of that, it's still an experimental fuel and things haven't been nearly as extensively tested with it. I'd love to hear about your experiments, but they are just that, experiments.
Use at your own risk!

Old 02-08-2006, 03:53 PM
blhfla
Senior User
You might try contacting some of the kit vendors and ask what mods they know have been converted. Try Plantdrive, Frybrid and Vegistroke (he has an Excursion). I plan to do all your mods and more on my 99 F250 and go with either Plantdrive or Vegistroke.