1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Question about buying and selling in the FTE classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Question about buying and selling in the FTE classifieds

Ok, maybe I'm in the wrong here, but when someone has a "WANTED" add and I have the part needed and I ask $25.00 for it, is that wrong? Down at the bottom of the page it states that you are not to use this for proffit yada, yada, yada etc.

So am I going against FTE rules to SELL this part to someone who needs it? I dont think compensating myself for gas to get to the post office and a little of my time is so terrible, do any of you?

I'm not in trouble yet thats why I'm asking before I get in trouble.

Kevin Bigwin

Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kevin, I wasn't in line when they were passing out the brain parts, so I gots a question. Where are reading about wanted ads and related profits? You mentioned the bottom of the page - which page?

Old 01-29-2006, 07:54 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Go to the classified section and click on a wanted add in the 48-60 section, scroll down below the wanted add and there is a place to respond to the add. Below that there is a disclamer about useing this for proffit! its in bold RED LETTERS.

Let me know,
Kevin

Old 01-29-2006, 08:03 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin,

I just went into the 48-60 wanted ads and I can't find any red warning note of any kind. If it does exist, and it must since you saw it - who knows what Ken's intent is.

But with the effort of finding a box, packing it, taking it to the post office/bus depot/whatever, unless it's a $3.00 item I don't see a problem personally. But I'm not Ken.

When I've posted wanted ads here, I've had several offers of parts at what I would call competative to free market prices. Offers within the 48-60 forum itself are usually (always) better deals, but that's cause we're family.

Somebody giving you grief?

Gimme their name. I have a brother-in-law that.....

Old 01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Earl
Postmaster
We'll get there guys. Kevin, does your screen look like this:

Old 01-29-2006, 08:50 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't speak for FTE, but most websites have similar rules. It is one thing for an individual to sell some pieces he has left over from his build, and a junk yard to sell some vintage parts from their yard.

It is ok for you to sell a part you bought from mid-Fifty and did not use, but FTE would not want mid-Fifty to use FTE's free classifieds to sell items out of their catalog.

It is just common sense, and not worth getting worked up over.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Kevin, I need to know what the notice says so I can find out why it's there and to whom it applies. I just haven't been able to find the notice you are reading. If you can e-mail me a screen shot or the text of the message I may be able to give you an explanation.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Could this possibly be what Kevin is asking about?

Its red text from the PM box.

Just trying to help. If its in the way, just remove it George.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:02 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Thats got to be it, and it appears that we can keep kevin on the forums....

Old 01-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
I am wondering the same thing in selling left over parts. What is ok and what is not?

Old 01-30-2006, 09:50 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
George,
The page you posted is the correct page except on mine it has the RED message that Brian B has posted from the PM page.

The key words in the message are:

A PERSON (THATS ME) OR COMPANY WHO PROMOTES OR EXCHANGES GOODS OR SERVICES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROFIT, REGUARDLESS OF THE VOLUME OR DOLLAR AMOUNT.

How does Ken know who is a vender or just someone selling some left overs? The way I see it if someone needs a part and I have it the sale made and we are both happy,

I wasnt the
one trying to drum up the sale in the first place!

The way I see it to respond to a wanted add you HAVE to give the part to the person who wants it.

I'm going to place a few wanted adds myself as I could use some FREE parts!

Kevin Bigwin

Now that I have everyone running around in circles let me straighten something out. The page George posted is correct , but the message didnt appear untill I clicked on the CONTACT BUYER. Then the message appeared.

Kevin Bigwin

Last edited by bigwin56f100; 01-30-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Earl
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
... The key words in the message are:

A PERSON (THATS ME) OR COMPANY WHO PROMOTES OR EXCHANGES GOODS OR SERVICES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROFIT, REGUARDLESS OF THE VOLUME OR DOLLAR AMOUNT. ...
I will run this whole thread past the gurus and see what they have to say. I'll also stick my neck out and suggest that the simple answer to your question is to interpret the text as if it read

A PERSON OR COMPANY WHO REGULARLY PROMOTES OR EXCHANGES GOODS OR SERVICES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROFIT, REGUARDLESS OF THE VOLUME OR DOLLAR AMOUNT

Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
... How does Ken know who is a vender or just someone selling some left overs? The way I see it if someone needs a part and I have it the sale made and we are both happy ...
There is no guaranteed way to know with 100% certainty who is a vender and who is just someone selling some leftovers. The system is monitored fairly closely and we do the best we can. If you notice any suspicious activity, let me know or submit a service ticket using the support link.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as I know you are ALLOWED to place WANTED ADs in the forums. If someone has a part then you need to contact them VIA email or PM (NOT on the forums). Once you get the part you can contact the moderator of that forum and they will delete your post.

You are NOT allowed to post for sale threads. They will get deleted. However, if you go to your local chapter, some of them have for sale threads where you are allowed to post if you are a member of that chapter.

Understand?

-Matt

Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
mrlightrail
Junior User
I figure if it's someone like me who is building a vehicle and selling off spare parts from a parts truck, etc....You aren't out to make a profit....You are offsetting losses spent on the vehicle you bought the parts vehicle for!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:11 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Matt,

Thats not my question at all. Everything has been covered and now I'm blue in the face. I feel confident that the 48-60 forum leader GEORGE understands my concerns

Kevin Bigwin

Quick Reply: Question about buying and selling in the FTE classifieds