Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Iowa GTG

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I didn't forget that Sunday's are bad for you, was keeping that in mind, just was kinda seeing where this goes. Not really throwing out too much for locations until I see where the interest comes from...

Old 01-26-2006, 11:56 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey, is this open to any fte member in iowa? if so you can count me in, anywhere between the quad citys and des moines will be fine. i ve got friends and family in the waterloo/ cedar falls area. maybe stop in and meet with some of you guys on the way up there.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:17 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
It would be open to ANYONE that wants to come, doesn't matter where you are from. That's the way all meets are, no specifics about it to come.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Flareside94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I'm sure that I'll STILL be the youngest one, though I'm approaching 20 this time. Lol Taz will STILL try to make me cover the check.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Flareside94
And I'm sure that I'll STILL be the youngest one, though I'm approaching 20 this time. Lol Taz will STILL try to make me cover the check.

It's either that or you do dishes

Old 01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
BigBear1
Senior User
I'd probably attend if it was in DesMoines.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
Originally Posted by Flareside94
Wouldn't be sure about the youngest person...I'm 17 going on 18 in april..so I might be the youngest...haha..but I'm a broke High School senior building a truck and driving my car most the time.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Big Bear, should the meeting end up in the East as opposed to centrally located (Des Moines), would you be willing to tag along in case there are others that are going to be attending from the area? I personally will be driving 2 to 2 and a half hours to meet if its in the CR region. I'd be willing to hook up with anybody along the way.

Remember last meet we ended up spending like a half hour in the freezing cold BS'ing while vehicles warmed up? If its cold this time, we'll have to all run out, start, then run back inside. =P

EDIT: Ok, I think its safe to say that this is going to be a weekend thing. Most of us have work during the week (*raises hand*), or class during the week (*Raises hand*) and are pretty much tied up otherwise. Sunday isn't a good day (Church, plus work again on Monday), so I'm thinking we're going to be looking at a Saturday afternoon. We'll probably all meet up at an easy-to-access restaurant to get some food (On Taz's coin ), then we can move on to whatever we want to do. Bowling is one that we did in the past (with failure ), but if you wanted to do it again we could. Or we could find some car/truck places to go. Later on when races are going at Hawkeye Downs, that is always an option for future events (and I can call and see if we can get a discount for XX amount of us attending). This is open to anybody to suggest whatever they think we could do. Wherever we decide on (Whether it be around Des Moines, or Cedar Rapids, or wherever) there will almost surely be things locally for the women to go mess around with. Those of you that are more local, this would be YOUR arena, really. To propose ideas that you know of. Another idea I just had is go-carting. We could find a place that will let us go gocarting. Though..I have a feeling we'd all get competitive, and then Rob and Taz would show their trucker skills by destroying us all. Just...throw some stuff out.

Last edited by Flareside94; 01-27-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:37 PM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

i have lots of new parts i could bring along if needed. a little bit for everyone valve train, driveline, and exhaust parts if everyone needs something to do

Old 01-27-2006, 07:00 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Go to doing something like that, and we need a shop... Give me a year, and everyone could just come out to my place once I get moved back into the area... Hmm, an idea for the future, a moving party!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
I might be coaxed there..provided there's food. ^_^ I'll definately have to "take advantage" of your shop as well =P.

Yeah, I don't think anybody around there has a shop.

If anybody wants to laugh at me, wander up the Offroad/4x4 forum and look for my thread titled "My first significant carnage". *Hangs head*

Old 01-27-2006, 10:36 PM
johaner78
Elder User
I would be interested in a gtg sometime/someplace. I'm 50 miles NW of Des Moines, but can travel to other parts of the state. Would like to meet other members sometime. Whenever the gtg is, just post clearly on here and i'll try to make it.

johaner78
Eric

Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
I think there is a place in CR that is a couple blocks from Duffy's and Hawkeye Downs that has go-carting....and saturday nights is cheap bowling at Westdale Bowl in CR($5 cover, 25cent games, 25 cent drinks, 25 cent shoes) But there is usually a line, unless you might be able to call ahead and reserve some lanes. Saturday is about the only time I could make it, since I work at the body shop and have school during the week(among my many projects outside of both). If possible, a couple weeks notice before hand so I can put in for time off from both places. Can't really think of anymore things that are in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area(besides maybe woody's "juice" bar..a lil south of CR) since I am about a half hour-45 minutes from that area.

Maybe could get someone to bring a huge BBQ set up and have it at the Tanger Mall Parkin lot in Williamsburg, I know the people that run that, so they may block off an area for us, and could just do a big cookout type GTG? People that don't want to be around the trucks the whole time could go to the mall, plus..gas stations around and the cops are usually pretty laid back with car/truck gatherings around here...so long as they know about it in advance(could talk to them too...know them all..haha)

Anybody else got some ideas?
Time of year...month..day..etc...?

Old 01-28-2006, 12:24 AM
chrono4
Post Fiend
i got you all beat, going on 16 in april. im game if its somewhere relativly close, cause illl be able to con the girlfriend into taking me.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:54 AM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i"ll have to check with my dad.he has a large shop we may be able to use as a GTG its out in the west end of clinton just north of hw 30.

Quick Reply: Iowa GTG