Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Whats everyone been up too?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats everyone been up too?

School, work, same ole on this end With Bob's help I got my front knuckles and calipers sand blasted. They are painted now and I got the steering arm in. Just need to get ahold of the machinist now. And lots of cleaning. . .room and garage. Dump runs this saturday Might even put off working on my truck to revamp the garage. Need some new work benches and boguth some new flourescent lights as well.

Thats pretty much everything in the exciting life of Steve, whats going on yalls end?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:12 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Working about 10 hours a day and then trying to get my online classes done at home for a little while each night. Only 1.5 more years of this and I'll have that B.A. degree! The good news for me is that I no longer have to drive to Richmond everyday. My office is now located in Yorktown (about half the drive!)

Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,729 Likes on 1,327 Posts
Same for me...except for that 4 letter word that starts with "w". Still need to find one of those.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Well thats nice ATC, what do you do with your 10 hours of free time then Get anything on your truck done?

Stu, glad to hear you got located ALOT closer to home 10 work days sounds harsh. . . I have nothing to say, but that sucks

BTW, what are ya'll going to school for?

Old 02-01-2006, 10:56 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
No money = No work on truck. Should be getting $800 soon from selling my drums. That will go towards some performance mods or 4.56's. Also...see my other thread!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=456710

I hang out around the house most of the day. Gotta clean my room tomorrow. Been doing a little riding on the fourwheeler every hour or two. Front wheel bearings are shot...there's A LOT of play in them. Better cancel my riding plans for this weekend. Not too bad for 5,000 miles in water and mud up to the handlebars. Yea...I have pictures, but no way to get them on the computer...

Also playing around with my new Dell XPS 600. Need to move the wireless router...I hardly get a signal here in my room. Still at 54 MBps though...

Im going to skool for Mechanical Engineering right now.

So...how are ya'll doin out there in the flat-lands? I used to live out in Chesapeake when I was little. Between the ages of 3-5. We still go out there about once a year to visit some good friends. My cousin and her husband live in Norfolk as well...she has been in the NAVY for 8 years now...

Old 02-01-2006, 11:05 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w-o-r-k. And practicing my bass guitar. I've got a 1500W LANEY amplifier to play it on now.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
No money = No work on truck

I dunno, but when I read that I just burst out laughing

I hear yah though on the no money thing. . .I'm sure most would agree, even when you get a job, it still tuff to come by Been getting my 4x4 kicks with the gas powered truck I got for Xmas. Pretty slick, I can cover a baseball feild in a few seconds. . .

Mechanical engineering eh? And you want WoW factor when you pop the hood of your truck? How bout this. . .when they pop the hood, all they will see is a big aluminum fuel cell. And in the bed of the truck will be 2 LEER jet engines

To help pay for the mods, you can charge money per ride, and sell clean underwear and pants at the end!

Out in the flatlands its nice. Its been in the upper 50's here for. . .most of winter. . .I'm loving it!

BigBlue, you gonna bring it down next time and rip a few chords for us? Can you do cover songs yet, or are you writing your own stuff?

Old 02-02-2006, 01:31 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Yea...that will sure get some looks. But for the price of a jet engine...I'd rather have the entire plane Besides....it would be rather hard to light up the tires and forget about driving it on the street! LOL (Roast cop anyone?)

Old 02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
figured I'd pop in and let everyone know I'm alive still. recently I've been enjoying my offseason from work, sleeping in every day, cleaning out the garage, cleaning the house real good, yda, yda, yda,, just basically enjoying life. About mid -march the landscape grind starts up

Old 02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
We know your alive, we just haven't seen you since the sticker meet

Good to hear your enjoying yourself! Making me wish I had some vacation time to turn in

The cleaning chore has kind of evolved into a goal. . .I'm finding I have room to set my Saltwater Tank back up and a fat refund check from Uncle Sam to help pay for it

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 02-02-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
Got my kitchen floor down in one piece. Now to finish the trim, so I can move in the stove and refrigerator.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:44 PM
sardog
Junior User
just getting ready to go on cruise got to go out to sea on workups for the next couple months so i will be gone alot then i leave in the summer.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I got 2 of my 3 lights in, much much brighter now. Also got the carrier and seals knocked out. . .AND managed to get to Animal Jungle to start drooling over the corals there

Hey GLR! Good to see you around!

sardog, make sure to leave the keys of your truck, we'll take great care of it

Old 02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
bikerdei
Senior User
Work, riding the Harley. Doing my taxes and finding I owe Uncle Sam a lot. So more work to pay for the taxes.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:31 PM
sardog
Junior User
hey steve im sure that i will do just that...... on second thought no chance

Quick Reply: Whats everyone been up too?