Old 01-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Frantic post for ebay people

Can someone bid on this for me.

I don't have an ebay account.

Of at least contact the seller.

Last edited by Mil1ion; 01-10-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 PM
phat56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a DATA cable ??

Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Mil1ion
New User
It's okay now, I just registered to avoid asking for favours.

It includes the software.

Telus sells this set for $100.00.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
phat56
Senior User
Great, now all you have to do is be careful not to become an Ebay Junkie. It's pretty easy to get hooked and start bidding on all the stuff you want. Then one day you discover how much you've spent.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
yeah i'min the same boat, first bought an intake, then a lockright, then a cam kit, and now i'm about to spend another 260bucks american on some 4v cleveland valves and roller tipped rockers.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:34 PM
phat56
Senior User
Yes, but .... just wait till you have that stuff in your hands - I LOVE GOLD ( Goldmember ) There's nothing like getting stuff delivered, kinda like Xmas.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:07 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Yep you got that right , but then there's the wait to acutally install the stuff (in my case a few months ), but until that time i guess one coul sit and just stare at the product for hous upon hours becoming a wee little hermit

Old 01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Ken aka Savage
Senior User
Thumbs down

Personally I have a hate on for E-bay & especially Pay Pal! I bought one item several years ago, have continually been getting letters from Pay Pal about someone elses e-mail being added to my account, but my e-mail responses are bounced back, I have been to thier homepage looking for a phone # but they have no way for a person to contact them without signing in which I can't do, it's been so long that I can't remember the password.

They threaten to suspend my account, I think great do that, but instead of canceling it I just get more letters about hackers from europe... .

I wouldn't trust those Bturds any further than I could throw them, and since they are smoke & shadows I can't even get ahold of them to throw them anywhere.
--Ken

Old 01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
phat56
Senior User
That sucks ! I haven't had any problems with Pay Pal. I gave up playing on Ebay any way. I think that if I had to, there's no way I could remember my pass word either. It's better to get something from a store or dealer so you can bring it back if it doesn't work or whatever. I just like customer service.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:29 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Yeah i try to buy only for ebay dealers that do have a return policy if its something major, i also don't bother with paypal on ebay, its either MO or CC as i don't like having a third party handling my money when buying something over the net.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
I have bought/sold many items on ebay and used paypal for nearly all of them without a problem.

In fact, two times, once outside of ebay, when I used paypal and the goods/services were not satisfactorily delivered, a quick alert to Paypal, and they yank the money from the offender's account immediately, and until the item is correctly delivered.

Ken, I fear you are the victim of a Phishing scam and should change your paypal and ebay passwords RIGHT NOW, and report the phishing scam to which you fell victim .

The system wont let me post the email address to report to so email me for the addy.

RF

Old 01-16-2006, 10:48 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken aka Savage
Personally I have a hate on for E-bay & especially Pay Pal! I bought one item several years ago, have continually been getting letters from Pay Pal about someone elses e-mail being added to my account, but my e-mail responses are bounced back, I have been to thier homepage looking for a phone # but they have no way for a person to contact them without signing in which I can't do, it's been so long that I can't remember the password.

They threaten to suspend my account, I think great do that, but instead of canceling it I just get more letters about hackers from europe... .

I wouldn't trust those Bturds any further than I could throw them, and since they are smoke & shadows I can't even get ahold of them to throw them anywhere.
--Ken
Those emails were not from Pay Pal. Even email addresses without Pay Pal accounts get those phishing scam emails all the time. If you fell for it and put in your Pay Pal email/password then they have full access to all the accounts in your Pay Pal account. Its not Pay Pal's fault.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:26 PM
jbabbler
Senior User
I can't believe that people actually fall for these things. I saw a story on the local news where some lady answered one of these emails from "her bank". It asked her to complete a form that asked for her name, address, Birthday, social security number, mother's maden name, account numbers for all bank accounts, ATM pin numbers, savings account number, online login user name and online banking password.

Who would actually answer that? Who I ask! WHO? She ended up losing $60k and was actually shocked. There should be some sort of liscense to use a computer.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Stories like that jbabbler just go to show you how guable people today really are, granted some of these "scammer's" are getting very clever with what and how they do what they do, but when you get forms asking for what you described i'd be skepical about it and i'd be going down to the bank.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Once I wrote back to the e-mail that I don't have an paypal account they stopped sending e-mails

Quick Reply: Frantic post for ebay people