the new jeep concept take a look - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Reload this Page >

the new jeep concept take a look

Notices
Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
timberwolf-man
Junior User
timberwolf-man is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru
Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks cool, I like it.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to behold
yes interesting CONCEPT but thats as far as its going to go.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
flashman1
Junior User
flashman1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would not bet the ranch on that. Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep is starting to really break out of the box. I just wish Ford would too.

Last edited by IB Tim; 01-20-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Monsta
Post Fiend
Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.
DCX has always broken the mold in new designs starting with the Intrepid (and Viper?). They are known for taking concepts directly to production with minimal changes.

However, I doubt you'd be seeing a two-engined vehicle in their line up.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Bdox
Iconoclast
Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
I really like the drivetrain design, looks like inboard brakes on the driveshafts. Smart.

Two 5.7L engines?? Too heavy, they could do it with two 4 cyls.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:36 AM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"
alchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to behold
Looks like an updated dune buggy.....

Old 01-20-2006, 05:13 AM
MEPR
Elder User
MEPR is starting off with a positive reputation.
it looks cool but i would never buy one...

Old 01-20-2006, 05:16 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
That is from the 60's and dune buggies I believe it was called a Myers Manx Dune Buggy...came out in 67,.... I might add ....a great year.

Last edited by IB Tim; 01-20-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:22 AM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to beholdford390gashog is a splendid one to behold
Old 01-20-2006, 05:54 AM
michigan66
Posting Guru
michigan66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
At the 2005 Detroit Auto Show, it was noted that DCX had only one person who could drive this vehicle. Because of the unique steering, special skills were needed and that person was the only one who has those skills at that time.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Batgeek
Senior User
Batgeek is starting off with a positive reputation.
With two engines does that mean it will cost you double for oil changes, air filters, and other services?

Old 01-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
The main change for production should be getting one on those engines out, making espace for 5, 4 passengers and some little luggage, like any jeep.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
tmyers
Posting Guru
tmyers has a good reputation on FTE.tmyers has a good reputation on FTE.tmyers has a good reputation on FTE.
I like it, where do I sign up.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:13 PM
bronocIInoob
Senior User
bronocIInoob is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow where going up near 3 bucks a gallon and they intruduce a car with 2 v8's lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the new jeep concept take a look

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.