Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Where should I get....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
BlackL03
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where should I get....

I am looking for the cheapest price possible on these items. I have searched for awile and still cant find any place cheaper than the manafacturers price. I am looking for a JDM silver bullet exhaust, 4lb pulley (or 6lb, which is better on a stock truck, the only mods i will add now are the ones i am listing.) and a custom programed tuner. What is the best tuner and who is the best person to get it tuned by? Where can i get these item for the cheapest price possible. Thanks for the help!

And also will hi-flow cats help the hp and torque with the mods i am planning??

Last edited by BlackL03; 01-05-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:42 AM
sigma
Senior User
You probably will not find the JDM exhaust sold anywhere but JDM’s site. Everyone that sells parts for the Lightning has pulley and tuners. Keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for and purchasing the cheapest tuner and tune might be the most expensive in the long run. As far as tuners go, I like the Predator but the SCT is also good. If you truck is a daily driver, you will probably be happier with the 4lb pulley. You could also go with one of the quick change set ups such as Metco and run a 4lb daily and swap in the 6lb when you go to the track.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:02 AM
yysenhimer
Senior User
lightningforce performance has some pretty good prices on parts that the supporting venders here don't sell. As sigma said, you get what you pay for on some things. For a tuner or chip, I would stay with SCT or Superchips from the company you mentioned getting the exhaust from, IMO they are the best but pricey. For a 4 or 6# pulley, I would go with the quick change cageless design. I originally had a JDM lower setup that is a cage design, but then later switched over to the Metco design. WIth the caged design, you must remove it in order to change the accessory belt, and it is just about impossible to remove the aftermarket caged design without ruining it.

For an exhaust, I would save my money and get the full length headers setup with high flow cats and magnaflow exhaust. This will give you better performance and awesome sound, but it is pricey. The cat back setup will only give you better sound, but if that is all you are looking for, then it is fine. The Bassani exhaust IMO had a distictive sound that I did not care for, and was loud.

I would get the 6# pulley and a cold air intake. Scrap that restrictive factory box and get an open element. You will feel and hear the difference in the supercharger.