Just bought a tow rig for SuperBeast...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:52 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomasm67
...and find ya 205 instead of that D20. Do it right the first time
why? that D20 is way stronger than you think! i have wheeled with guys running full size axles and 40's and tthe D20 held up fine. and i'm not talking about that easy west coast crawling on dry rocks, i am talking about east coast rock crawling up active waterfalls and slime covered boulders!

i LOVE the 20 b/c i can pick it up without straining by myself. its a relatively light case.

yea thats a good looking bronco Pro... congrats!

the problem with doing a C4 swap is they are kinda hard to find and when you do find one they want an arm and a leg. the reason i went with the np435 is i didnt have to change any of my driveline lengths, the 3 speed and the 435 are exactly the same length. problem with that swap was the adapter housing had to be modified but that was no big deal.

-cutts-

Last edited by fishmanndotcom; 12-16-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay just haven't heard to much about the D20 is all. I shouldn't have assumed that it wasn't upto the task.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:19 AM
ramboss429
Posting Guru
Yep, I'm jealous! Great find! I have one of those in the works as well, only its going to cost me more to put mine together than what you spent, which is the plus in buying an EB thats already done.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:51 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Friggin awesome! Any pics of the front radius arms? I'm curious what they look like.

I've been wanting an EB for a long time to hop up just as a mean mall crawler (not that I don't already have one). This is almost exactly what I had in mind. If you'd be interested I could trade you straight across for the Camry. Sure, you'd normally have to fork over a few $$ cash on top of it but I'll do you a favor and make it a straight trade.

The hardest part about using this for a daily driver will be to resist the temptation to do something evil to it. That is saweet! The Purple Panty Dropper rides . . .

Old 12-16-2005, 02:01 PM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
One step closer to a jeep!

Old 12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
1970Custom
Postmaster
Does it have the same git-e-up as SuperBeast?

Lookin' good, wish I had one of those, almost looks like Crazy Horse

Old 12-16-2005, 06:41 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 1970Custom
almost looks like Crazy Horse
No, but if you give him your e-mail address he'll send you a video of crazy horse.

I'm just wondering how Superbeast will react to all this bling in the driveway.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:12 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 1970Custom
Does it have the same git-e-up as SuperBeast?
Lookin' good, wish I had one of those, almost looks like Crazy Horse
No, this thing gets up and moves but I've never driven or ridden in a 4x4 that throws down like SuperBeast. I guess the money I dumped into that motor was well spent, lol. Then again, I've never ridden in Rob's truck

Yea, it reminded me of Crazy Horse too. No Ivan, not that crazy horse!

Originally Posted by ivanribic
I'm just wondering how Superbeast will react to all this bling in the driveway.
Funny you mention that. I had the Purple Panty Dropper parked next to Superbeast and I noticed these weird rumbling sounds (kinda like the noises your stomach makes when your hungry) emanating from deep in its bowels....so I hid the bronc in the garage

I could just see waking up in the morning and finding my EB crushed with Bogger tracks all over it. That would suck!

So, I'm keeping the Dana 20 but I'm twinsticking it asap. Now that I'm spoiled by the fluid shifting of my twinsticked 205 I can't just go back to that crappy stock setup on an x-case again.

I'm still a little confused about having a blinged out vehicle. But seeing as the bosses very hot 18 yr old daughter and her friend was begging for rides yesterday when I told them about it, I'll find a way to deal with it all

Last edited by proeliator; 12-16-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Talk about fringe benefits as long as the Boss doesn't find out

Old 12-16-2005, 08:29 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by proeliator
I'm still a little confused about having a blinged out vehicle. But seeing as the bosses very hot 18 yr old daughter and her friend was begging for rides yesterday when I told them about it, I'll find a way to deal with it all
They're just using you to get to me. Don't fight it . . . invite them over for New Years. I promise not to show them the picture of you in your dress.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Russ T. Trombone
Freshman User
Pro in a dress

Of what do you speak X

I was starting to wonder how he could afford his $$$ mud bogger, build a new shop, then buy a bling bronco, but I thinking I'm getting an idea now

Old 12-19-2005, 12:50 PM
warrencowboy05
Senior User
Originally Posted by Russ T. Trombone
Pro in a dress

Of what do you speak X

I was starting to wonder how he could afford his $$$ mud bogger, build a new shop, then buy a bling bronco, but I thinking I'm getting an idea now
believe me, you dont want to know!

adam

Old 12-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Stroker_Deezel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by JeremyH
One step closer to a jeep!
You mean one step farther from GAY... jeeps are for girls and the unknowledgeable...
Whats the first thing most jeep guys do? Swap out the turd D30 for at least a 44, what do broncos come with stock? D44....

Pro, there are alot of places that sell twin sticks, ebay has them, and i would recommend wildhorses setup, its not as expensive as James Duff's. I got a twin stick this year for xmas, i will let you know how that goes on the install. As for tranny, i really recommend an AOD, i am running 4.11's with 35s and i spin about 3100 on the freeway, or better. you have smaller tires and the same gears so you oughta be SCREAMIN...

Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Stroker_Deezel
You mean one step farther from GAY... jeeps are for girls and the unknowledgeable...
X eleventy gillion

Yea, I haven't made up my mind 100% yet. I'd rather stick with the C4 because it 'seems' to be the stronger tranny and it would be way easier to drop in. Like I know squat about autos though. I've only had it on the highway once and the rpms seemed decent, but I need to take it for a longer drive doing 60 and see. If the rpms are decent I'll go with the c4, if not I'll go with the aod. Like you said, it costs about the same to convert anyways.

I already picked up the Duff twinstick. It was a little more but only the best for the Purple Panty Dropper

Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Stroker_Deezel
Posting Guru
The reason i didnt go with the james duff twin stick is the wood looking handles dont match my leather seats and primer grey paint...

Quick Reply: Just bought a tow rig for SuperBeast...