General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Whats wrong with bein a redneck these days?

Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 AM
460_f100_dude
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats wrong with bein a redneck these days?

I live in Northern idaho, and apparently everyone from california decided they like it here better than there so they all moved here... in my English class day after day im known as the class redneck and kinda proud of that but anyways, why is it that when they tell me im a redneck they think they are insulting me or trying to put me down but i dont care. what is it that makes them think its soooo bad to be a hick that hunts. What would you guys say if people called you a redneck thinking it was a put down when really you dont care? I usually try and shut up but sometimes it comes out with me tellin them to go hug a tree.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 AM
78f-150Supercab
Elder User
I'm not a redneck, but I wouldn't go around making fun of rednecks. Different people live differently. Big deal. I personally would not even respond to their remarks. Just let it roll off your shoulders. People that have to mock others like that are just insecure themselves.

I honestly don't even know what constitutes a redneck anymore.<o></o>

Last edited by 78f-150Supercab; 12-09-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd take that as a compliment personally. I'll occasionally be called a redneck and I usually just respond with an unexpected but always appreciated "Git'r dun!" Remember, rednecks fit into the north Idaho area, Californians do not.

Come join us in the NW Chapter here on FTE if you want to hang out with some other rednecks from your area: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=89

Old 12-09-2005, 01:14 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
That's a real sore topic everywhere in the Pacific Nwst- except possibly Portland and Seattle . We're looking at California emissions regulations by executive order- after the State legislature specifically forbade it. Logging regulations written by folks that wouldn't know the difference between a Fir tree and a Pine if they fell on top of them. Hunting regulations that virtually guarantee the starvation of herds of deer in Eastern Oregon.The unfortunate side-effect of the migration out of California is that folks seem to be leaving what ruined the State....but bring the same stuff with them.

At any rate, being called a redneck is a compliment around the folks I hang out with. 'Course, hang around Ribic and Co and that's bound to happen. At least I have it from good authority (my teenage daughters) that the guys who wear cowboy boots and drive pickups are hot stuff.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:33 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
i get the same thing now and then but oh well. i used to get the FAT jokes in school.

i used this once on a ugly chick "Hey, I may be fat, but you'll always be ugly, and I can diet." after all these years shes still ugly.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:42 AM
go_racing84
Elder User
There's different degrees of redneck, though. There's "knows his way around hard-work and doesn't mind getting dirty" redneck, and then there's "lazy, racist, couldn't pour a yellow liquid of your choice out of a boot with instructions on the heel" redneck.

Hmm... how about it's alright to have a stack of pallets for a porch, and hold your exhaust on with bailing wire, as long as you know how to treat people and are open to having some new experiences now and again.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:45 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
racist redneck. never meet one of those before lol

Old 12-09-2005, 03:32 AM
BFR250SD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know what's really fun though? When you grab the yuppie folks who call ya a redneck and you actually take them out for some REAL fun and then they fully understand why it is that "rednecks" do what they do.

A bunch of my wifes college friends are a bunch of tree hugger, yuppie, wine sippin fruit cakes and wonder why the hell I drive the truck I do, and the ATV I have. Then ya take them out and let them play a bit and the next week they go and get one. Then they want to get a truck and start asking what to change on it. Then I put 'em in the boat and drop onto the 'hootch and take them down to see the gators.

They don't call ya redneck anymore, they ask if they can come along too.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of my best friends are rednecks and I have some redneck peculiarities. I don't mind being called a redneck...

Old 12-09-2005, 09:02 AM
buckeyebronco
Elder User
They say blondes have more fun but I think we rednecks have more fun than anyone. By the way, I get made fun of by my fiance because the back of my neck is literally red all year long, like I have a sun burn.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:22 AM
john112deere
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by polarbear
At least I have it from good authority (my teenage daughters) that the guys who wear cowboy boots and drive pickups are hot stuff.
Maybe I have a chance after all

A lot of people make fun of things they don't understand. If you're raised yuppie, and that's all you know, "rednecks" do things that don't make sense. 'Course, if you're raised normal, yuppies do things that don't make sense...

As a great philosopher ( to whoever knows) said, "Everybody's got to have somebody to look down on..."

Old 12-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If it bothers you that much, just mention, who's more likely to have a gun in the rack on their truck, and which one of us is just crazy enough to use it. I get called a redneck all the time, mostly based on the apearance of my truck. It's usually this ricer kid I have to work with. I usually shut him up by saying "Quiet down there honda boy, my lug nuts have more torque than yer car."

Old 12-09-2005, 09:51 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Being from a rural area. Rednecks are the norm around here. I dont consider myself one but have had many friends that are. My best friends were redneck types. These guys would do anything for you an help you when you needed it. Just down to earth guys. I hate to say but theres a split between city kids an rural kids. The farm kids have a great work ethic make loyal friends an have values. City kids are in another world. Now dont get me wrong its just how you were brought up. I can go an talk to abunch of so called redneck guys that i dont know an make friends with those guys pretty fast. To this day I still see some off those guys after many years an they never forget you. If people would get to know these guys they find oput what good people they really are.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Quick story- friends of ours were headed back from Sun Valley, Id in their BMW 7-Series, hit black ice on I-90 and carreened off of the road and down an embankment. Rolled the car 4 times, and they were trapped inside for a few hours (it was on the news, just didn't realize it was them). To quote them, "a nice young redneck guy noticed the tires tracks going off of the freeway and stopped to investigate. He had a CB, and was able to call for help." That's a story they'll be telling for years- they could have died from the cold, not the crash.

BFR250SD "They don't call ya redneck anymore, they ask if they can come along too."

I've seen that movie- a few times.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Theres proof right there. Those guys are usually the first to stop an try an help. Great story Polar.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats wrong with bein a redneck these days?