Notices

New Emblems??

Old 11-30-2005, 02:23 PM
griz7674
New User
griz7674 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New Emblems??

One of the conditions of me purchasing my new truck was that the dealership would remove all of the emblems/stickers on the truck. Well, I dropped it off today to have this done and about an hour later they called me back to the shop. They forgot that Ford does not just attach the emblems to the truck with 3M tape but that they also use posts. So, instead of driving a truck with holes in the side/rear, they put the emblems back on.

So, with the goal in mind of having my truck be 100% black in color, what other options do I have in removing these emblems? Can I take them off and paint them? Will the paint actually stay on a plastic emblem? I have looked on eBay for other emblems in which I could replace them with but nothing thus far is all black.

Also, the front and rear bumpers have a strip of chrome running across them. Short of replacing perfectly good bumpers, is there a ingenious way of covering them? Thanks for the help!

Griz

Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Try www.billetbadges.com they'll make whatever you want in any finish.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM
AF Mezkin
Senior User
AF Mezkin is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can use the fusion paint for plastic from Krylon. I used it on my mud guards (gray to black). It works great, I went over a curb after painting and did'nt flake off, nor chip. I heard that somebody even used a pressure washer on their parts with no damage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.