General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What's In Your Wallet

Old 10-22-2008, 07:39 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
You asked for it!!!
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going through my old posts and found this one, so decided to update what I keep in my pockets.

Wallet goes in left hip pocket. Has bills bigger than $5, bank debit card, pictures of my family, small address book, misc. business cards, phone numbers written on scraps of paper, articles from magazines, etc. that made me think I needed to keep them, and my driver's license, which has a terrible picture that looks just like me.

Right hip pocket has a big bandana "farmer's handkerchief" and a comb. The hankie gets used to clean my spectacles, windshields, tied around my neck to keep the wind out, around my ears to keep them from falling off in the winter, and once in a great while to blow my nose, even. The comb is carried simply from habit, I think, since I have a hat on all the time.

Front left pocket has my pocket knife, nail clippers (never go anywhere without those!), a small multi-tool thing (pliers, Phillips & straight screwdrivers) that used to clip onto my keyring but got used so much it won't stay closed anymore, and my cell phone in a padded sleeve-type carrier. Keys hang from my belt loop from a swivel clip, and are tucked into this pocket, too. On the keyring, where the above multi-tool used to go, is a small penlight on a separate ring, and a medallion that says "Ford Trucks".

Front right pocket has (at the moment) about $100 worth of $1 and $5 bills, whatever change I accumulate during the day (it goes into a Mason jar when I get back to the house and taken to the bank once the jar's full), a cigarette lighter or book of matches (another old habit) an ink pen (a red Pentel fine point at the moment, with a cap on it... don't carry the "clicker" pens too often. Been stabbed a few too many times for that, so when I do carry one, it goes in my shirt pocket), a small pad of paper in a vinyl "giveway" folder, and a small glass heart that was given to me by a very special lady whom I miss very much.

And, when my watch does'nt occupy it, in my watch pocket is a small polished stone that has the word "COURAGE" etched into it. For everyday, I either use the phone for a watch, or have one that clips to my belt loop on the right side and hangs in my right pocket. When the watch goes in its pocket, the stone goes in the right front.

And unless the house is on fire and I have to get out in a hurry, all of this stuff goes with me, everyday, everytime.

Never know when you'll need it, right? Although I sometimes do worry about falling into the pond and sinking to the bottom with the weight of all this stuff...

Old 10-26-2008, 05:07 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one more thing added to my wallet last night a 550$ ticket for no insureance...

Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by billy12360
one more thing added to my wallet last night a 550$ ticket for no insureance...

OUCH! OUCH!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PreciousOne
OUCH! OUCH!
yeah but i guess it could have been worse.. since umm i dont exactly have a real drivers liceness yet, just my permit... and no one in the car had a liceness.... but it was 3:29 am... on the way back from a party, and i was the designated driver..... so the cop let me slide on that whole thing... but gave me the no insureance... ohh well my stupid uncle has to pay for his no seat belt ticket.... hahahahaha dumb-butt.... i keep telling him to wear it or he could face atleast a 101 dollar ticket... but he never listens... but maybe now he will....

no driving until i have an insureance card instead of a ticket for lack on insureance....