1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Reverse hinge cowl closing problem.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Delzell
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse hinge cowl closing problem.

Put the reverse closing hinge on my 56 today. The lip on the hood seems to hit the area on the cab by the cowl. The truck has been paainted. People are telling me to cut that lip off or bend it over since it is no longer needed with this type of hinge. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also how can you make the gap at the front closing point between the hood and fender equal. I'll go back to work on it but I've always found this site to be the best help to me.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
merc546
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You still need the flange at the rear of the hood I'm sure you can remove some metal but not much.

Just as a side note when mine was in bare metal the hood didn't drag on the cowl and I had the hood front fitting perfect now that I have it in DP90 the flange drags on both outside corners (removing the primer) and the front is a bad joke. I had to walk away from the hood for a while. Sometimes I think running without a hood is just fine.

Anyway I guess at this moment I can't help you with the fit, maybe later.

Search this Thread