1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Best mods you ever did to your Ranger?

Old 12-05-2005, 01:10 AM
devilsword
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dono
Hard to see clearly, but glad you got them in OK. I have six driving lights on my Ranger now (see gallery).
My installation of the '04 Altima leather seats is continuing slowly as I expected. I have built an adapter for the right seat and should have that seat finished in a couple of days. The left seat adapter will be a little more difficult because of the Altima mounting points, but I will get that done next week if it isn't too cold. My major problem right now is figuring out the 7 wires that control the seat power. I went to some Nissan forums looking for an Altima wiring diagram but have gotten no response yet. If anyone has any suggestions re this, let me know. The seats are a good color match to my dash and headliner and will look great when I finally finish. I am having a carpet made and I haven't decided if I will build a center console or put in one from an Explorer.
Dono
okay abou the seats. depending on the motion of the seats(ie up down back forth tilt ect) you can have up to one motor for each. what you need to do is to do some play. find the ground or grounds and ground them to any then then run a hot from your batt. and start playing with the wires. try pairs and so on untill you can get a motion. depending on how many motors you have will decied how many wires it might need. My power mindows i instaled needed 2 hots a ground and a cross over per switch so just mess until you mess it up right. anything is better then waitting. on the other note i love the 3 sets of lights. i use to have four sets(including headlights) i took my bumper off and found the lights i wanted and bored the bumper out to fit it. It was alsome and i stained the lenses red so they didn't look like they were there untill i flooded some faces. one year later basterd pulled out infront of me and bent it into a c. i wish i had the time to do it again.

Last edited by Ken00; 12-05-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool.

I am liking the little lamps. After quite a bit of research I found it was legal to drive with them as fog lamps and their placement was ok. And here it's legal to leave fog lights on whether in fog or not. So I will drive with them on some now. Trying to conserve the bulbs. Anybody got any idea on the life of 55W bulbs?

The CAI with the bigger filter sounds good. Looking at the box, I think I might be able to put a cone filter into it, allow more airflow than that stock flat POS. Might see what I can do with it.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:01 PM
tude
More Turbo
the best thing i did for my last ranger was taking the fenders and grill off swaping bumpers and putting a brush guard on it (i like to hit things)

the funnyest thing i did to it was a 4inch straight pipe stack and 32s on the back

Old 12-05-2005, 07:17 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Anybody know about how much a billet grille would run? I'm tired of my stock plastic one.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
devilsword
Senior User
LMC trucks have them for 100 bucks but i am sure you can find them really cheep on ebay or make your own like i did crossbreading with a aerostarr. wow that didn't sound right

Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 AM
rangerguy52
Junior User
I had a old '86 Ranger with big 3" tube bumbers front and rear. The best thing I ever did for my truck. I was rearended and all that happened to my truck was a little dent and minor scraches. I also hit a tree with the front driver corner if not for the bumber, which suffered minor scraches, the truck would have been totaled.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:37 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Crossbreeding with an Aerostar. No, that doesn't sound right lol. They have billet grilles or something?

Old 12-06-2005, 02:51 PM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
the first thing i do to any truck i have owned is put manuel gauges in it, a real oil pressure gauge, a real water temp that show how hot it really is, and a voltage gauge that tells you what the alt is really doing. the "trio-set" only cost about 40 bucks or so but can save alot problems and guess work.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:05 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
How'd you do the "trio set" as you call it?
I know OP you just get a real sender and viola, problem solved. Water temp I'm not sure about, new theromstat? I didn't know ours didn't indicate truly. And the voltage gauge? I would bet it's a dummy light, it snaps to neutral once my truck is started.

Hmm, reverse myself on that one, could be my yellow-top not moving really.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
the water temp gauge has a its own sending device that takes the place of your factory one in the intake manifold. the voltage gauge you hook up to a hot side of a keyed fuse (fuse that only operates if the key is "on") and it will tell u the exact voltage that alt is putting out. the set i use uses machanical gauges so the oil pressure gauge acutally has a 1/8 tube that runs from the sender to the gauge,and the h2o gauge uses temp wire from the sender to the gauge (note when istalling the temp gauge do not put sharp bends or kinks in the wire.) you get these these sets at just about any parts store.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:59 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Ahh pretty cool. I'll look into that. I was thinking about getting an A/F gauge underdash as well. More of a light show I hear, but I'd actually like to know how it functions. I really need to do that OP mod.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 PM
devilsword
Senior User
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Anybody know about how much a billet grille would run? I'm tired of my stock plastic one.
here is the ebay link to the listing for grills for you truck hope this works out for you.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:46 PM
natebaker
Elder User
A grille shouldn't be over $50. I was going to put one on mine, until I realized that it would clash with my chromed headlights. Instead, on my XLT grille (which is chrome) I will paint where it's not chrome Green to match my truck. I'll be going to NAPA so they can color match for me.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:50 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
nice ride memphis. i love my 3" body-lift and 33" tires. i've done some other mods but thats the favorite. changing to motorcraft plugs and oil-filters, the best thing i've done for my ranger!

Old 02-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Justinplal
New User
Originally Posted by bigrigfixer
So far, the best mod is disconnected DRL.

The most useful was the class 3 hitch and brake controller.
How did you disconnect the DRL??
I Csnt find ant sort of instructions anywhere online.