A few ?'s about what i've read

Old 11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
YellowHornet73
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few ?'s about what i've read

Hi all, I just joined, but i've refered to your site before for help. I have a ton of questions, so I'll try to remember all of them. I'm interested in getting all of the power I can out of my 2002 3.0L. As of now I have the JBA headers installed, a K&N cold air intake, and cat-back exhaust with a flow master. I'm very interested in more information about the chips that people have suggested, the diablo and superchips, because I was about three days away from ordering the JET chip. I think I'll wait on that now. Is there any chance that these chips will change my speed limiter because that would be great! I also have read a few upgrades people have done to their trucks that I have not been able to find the parts to do and I was wondering if they really do exist. I have looked into a performance coil for my truck and was unable to find one. Also I haven't found a throtle body spacer or a low-temp thermostat for the 3.0L. I was also interested in finding out if anyone has put high-flow cats on thier truck, how it went and if you bought a moduel for the O2 sensors or put them in the high-flow cat. I hope that that is everything, but I'm sure that I'll have more questions. Thank you all for your help and I will be anticipating your replies. Thanks!!!

Old 11-24-2005, 08:17 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Welcome to FTE!

Great place to get info on the chips and what they can do is the FTE Computer Chips & Tuning Forum.
IMO, there is no need to upgrade the ignition system, it won't affect much if anything. And throttle body spacers make better paperweights than they do performance parts.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
YellowHornet73
New User
I've been doing a little more reading on the diablo and super chip and am still not sure what is going to be best. The two that seem best for me are the diablo or the eliminator chip. However, this will be my first chip install and I could really use some guidence. If someone has installed either of these I would love some more information about your performance increases and the features of each chip. Thanks for the help.
-karl

Last edited by YellowHornet73; 11-24-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:18 PM
michaelbarry
Senior User
Off topic, but something keeps telling me to ask...does your name 'YellowHornet73' have anything to do with an AMC Hornet?

Old 12-01-2005, 07:26 PM
mightypan42
Senior User
Yellow, I have a question for you (bet you didn't expect that )... with the JBA headers, did you have to get custom downpipes, or did they just bolt up to the stock ones?

Old 12-18-2005, 09:09 AM
YellowHornet73
New User
The hornet in Yellowhornet has to do with my school mascot in Saline, Mi. As for the headers, everything bolted up to the stock pipes but be ready for a long project. They estimate an hour or two to install I think but it took me 7 the first day and about a couple days of fine tuning to get everything to seal up right.

Search this Thread