DO NOT BUY from The Wheel Connection

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
JimBobWay
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT BUY from The Wheel Connection

Hi all – this may be a long post.
I ordered a wheel for my daughter from a company called The Wheel Connection. It is located in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:City w:st=[/img]Tulsa</st1:City> <st1:State w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on">Tulsa</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Oklahoma</st1:State>. This company has inferior service! It charged me (swiped my Visa) November 7<SUP>th</SUP> and did not ship the wheel. Maybe you accounting people know the GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) better than me but from what I know, you cannot charge a customer for an item before it ships. Well, The Wheel Connection charged me on the 7<SUP>th</SUP> and as of today (30<SUP>th</SUP>) it has not shipped. Well, the manager tells me it shipped this morning but can’t get the Air Way Bill number until 3 PM today. He said he’ll email me the AWB number then. I said I wanted a refund because it hasn’t shipped but he tells me there will be a 25% re-stocking fee ($50). What a load! He never once said to me that I would have to return that item (because it shipped). So now I wonder why I’d have to pay a restocking fee if it hasn’t shipped.
Update at 7 PM in <st1:City w:st="on">Phoenix</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">AZ.</st1:State> I gave the manager ample time past the 3 PM promise-time that he would send me an email with the AWB number. But guess what? No AWB number! There is no way this rim has shipped today!
What gets me is that they listed a rim on its website as in stock that I wanted. So I placed an order on line. The Wheel Connection charged my visa and it didn’t show up. So I called, they told me they don’t have the one I wanted but have one that’s silver and that I could get it painted (white). So, OK, I agree and the guy told me he’d get it out that day; that was the 18<SUP>th</SUP>. Remember, these items show up as in stock at their location. So today I call, about 7 times with the last time being the manager and he tells me the above line of BS.
So anyways, I guess I’ll file a dispute with the credit card company to see if they can recover the money. I will file a complaint with the BBB in <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1Oklahoma</st1:State>. I will also post this on as many forums I can.

Moral of the story –

DON’T BUY FROM THE TIRE CONNECTION

Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Was it "The Wheel Connection" or "The Tire Connection"? Either way, I've not heard of either one here in Tulsa. Are they an online-only company?

Old 12-01-2005, 08:09 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thumbs down

Sorry to hear about that. That just ain't right. I can only hope it won't sour you away from other Tulsa or Oklahoma businesses.

There is some bad news. That company has an Unsatisfactory BBB Rating:

http://www.tulsa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=29001030

You can add to it, but it doesn't look like it could get much worse. They only show 4 employees, so I would wager it is a small family owned business that gets their wheels from other distributors/suppliers in the area. I would highly doubt they have all those items on their website instock in a warehouse they own.

So it looks like your advice is probably good advice. Thanks!