Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiper's not shutting off

Old 11-13-2005, 01:18 PM
jonny bravo
New User
jonny bravo is starting off with a positive reputation.
wiper's not shutting off

I have an 81 Bronco when I puchased it the wiper motor was unpluged I pluged it back in and they would not shut off. The switch that was in there was for the timed wipers so I replaced it with the same, but I am still unable to get the wipers to shut off. the only other thing I can think of would be the module behind the switch, or is there somewhere else to check? I'm not getting the time delay but high and low work. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:28 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
The "park" contacts are in the gearhead of the motor itself. These contacts are closed by a cam on the large gear inside the assembly. If they fail, the potential is for A)unstoppable wipers (your situation) or B) wipers that will stop where ever the "feel" like stopping. In your case it sounds like the contacts have frozen in a CLOSED position so the cam that pulls them apart when the wipers reach their full-down position is not having any effect on the circuit. If you are ambitious enough to tear into the motor assembly and see what has gone wrong, you can. In the long run, its most likely less time consuming and more cost effective to just replace the motor assembly and be done with it.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:50 PM
jonny bravo
New User
jonny bravo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

Hey, Thanks. I'll have to check it out tomorrow probably just replace the motor. I appreciate the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.