Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Reload this Page >

brakes overheat HORRIBLY. I replaced everything!

Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 11-12-2005, 01:49 PM
jazzzmonky
New User
jazzzmonky is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have a 1988 ford bronco fullsize and the brakes overheat HORRIBLY. I bought it about a year ago as a project. It has about 88000 miles. Here is where I am stumped. Because of the excessive overheating I repalced the pads, rotors, calipers, lines, master cylinder, porportioning valve, and repacked the bearings all just in the front. The rear has never given me problems. Only the front overheats.

Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 PM
cookie88
Post Fiend
cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.
Are you sure the rears are working? It would explain the extra load on the fronts heating them up.

Old 11-12-2005, 03:12 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
. Only the front overheats

there is your problem.

your back brakes are not working.

Old 11-12-2005, 05:41 PM
jazzzmonky
New User
jazzzmonky is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you so much for the help. I heard that from some one else too. I will definetly check out the rears. The only thing is that the fronts seem to over heat even when I'm not using the brakes, such as interstate driving. Thanks again.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:44 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
BroncoRoadKill is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, if they are doing it when driving on a hyway, then maybe the proportioning valve is sticking and holding pressure. Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.