Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Regional Officers

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regional Officers

Lets try and keep discussion to those intersted in volunteering for a Regional Officer position, and Regional Borders.

The Regions are numbered, the red line is a potential border along county lines, the blue lines are the general regions I was thinking about.

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 08-14-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:45 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Question

okay i thinks my eyes be failin me mon, but i cant see the red line too well. so whatta ya need out of NoVA as far regional officers? also sorry i havent posted in a couple weeks my pooter picked up a virus and i couldnt click on anything but im all fixed now

Old 08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
oldRedTruck
Senior User
Thumbs up

did you click on the small image to see the larger one?

oh & I like this regional idea as long as there are enough volunteers in each region. I was heavily involved in a similar situation a few years ago when cj-8.org started & went National. It takes more then just a few workers & a bunch of watchers to make it work. I hope there is enough involvement to get this off the ground because it sure is fun & worth all the work that went into it.
I can bring to the table issues we came up against, how we solved them, things that worked for us, etc..

The 1st thing we did was ask for nominations for positions if that helps

I can go on or shaddup if there's already stuff in the works

Old 08-15-2005, 02:29 PM
oldRedTruck
Senior User
Red face

darn I double posted, aren't I cool

Last edited by oldRedTruck; 08-15-2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: double
Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by oldRedTruck
It takes more then just a few workers & a bunch of watchers to make it work. I hope there is enough involvement to get this off the ground because it sure is fun & worth all the work that went into it.
Yes, we have to get this place booming to where people are constantly involved instead of just coming by once a month to post. Getting more people involved on a regular basis is the frist step to getting this whole thing moving.

- Chris

Old 08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Hehe, this was suppossed to be the suplimental thread to this one:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=402300

I spent a long time on this, someone HAS to read it Should answer a few questions already asked

Old 08-19-2005, 03:20 PM
bikerdei
Senior User
I like the regional idea, but could not make out the red line too well even with the picture enlarged. On a side not how do you get you signature to show up. I have it checked on my profile to automatically add it but it doesn't show up

Old 08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
One of the bonuses to paying the 15 bucks for membership is getting a permanent sig. If you mouse over "signature" in the upper right hand corner of your post it will bring up your signature About a yaer ago they had problems with people having MASSIVE sigs (think game clan sites), so they got rid of it unless you ponied up the dough

I'll redo the map, if you can't see it. Until then, the region on the left (3) consists of brown, white, pink, and yellow. The region to the right is (2) green, gray, tan, light blue, and the peninsula. The north region (1) is pink, pinkish, light green, purle and blue. The redline follows the regional boundaries. Just an FYI

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 08-20-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
ORT, the thread I linked too in post #6 has the meat of this plan written out, and does ask for nominations, I just want people who are thinking of volunteering to read it so they can get an idea of whats going on. Also looking for chapter photographers

Old 08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
gpeade
Elder User
Steve, if you see the need to establish a region in the central part of the state I would be willing to help out. I live in prince george which is just below petersburg. I don't know if there is enough enterest in this section or not.
From the amount of posts I see we might want to consider just an east & west region maybe
Either way let me know if I can help. Don't really know what to do but I don't feel that any of us do at this piont, just starting out and all.

You can email me at gpeade at charterinternet.com

Thanks
Gerald
aka summer

p.s. Thanks for taking the time and responsibility to get this chapter started. That goes for anyone else that has had a hand in it.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Why thank you! Your right, I have no idea what I'm doing right now, just shooting from the hip so to speak Anything to try and get people to get active and get out there

I know theres a few people out there in the center of the state, some dont post too often, but they do read my PM's, so I know their here.

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Never really gave thought to a central region. . .hopefully this regional thing isn't going to be a problem like I have a feeling it could easily be. . .o well, have to wait to see what the future brings No need to wait for me to set up any boundaries or anything, people should know if they are close to you or are "central". Have at it, meet some fellow members, put some names to faces, heck, maybe even make some new freinds. How to start? I'd suggest a post to instigate Members in your area to introduce themselves. Then work it from there. I'll help you in anyway possible I can, and maybe it just may spread to the rest of the state

EDIT: You coming to the State meeting? Its going to be in the Richmond/surrounding area somewhere. Need to nail down a location before a date is set.

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 08-26-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:06 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
Lets try and keep discussion to those intersted in volunteering for a Regional Officer position, and Regional Borders.

The Regions are numbered, the red line is a potential border along county lines, the blue lines are the general regions I was thinking about.

Well Steve if I'am reading this right and what you wrote in the PM.. I wouldnt be taking care of the 4 most western counties..But the 4 most western sets of counties.. 10-11-12-13 make up tour Region 3? Thats alot of Territory in this neck of the woods.... I think it would be much easier on the guys if they were smaller groups of counties...and more regional officer's..If this really takes off the ground...

And this would be something that would need to be addressed ASAP!! So the guys would know in what Region the in and who to check in with? I dont know off hand how many people we have state wide, but with only say 3 Regional officers thats alot of miles to cover for Meet and greets and just good ol BS'in times together..with gas prices the way they are..I think they should be broke up into smaller section's...JMO!!

Russ

Old 09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Sorry for taking so long to get back. . .

Just start small then, do what you can to get people together near you. A 1-2 hour drive there is still shorter than a 5 hour drive here As for distance. . .I can give the distance excuse so much credit. People will be willing to go some where if there is something there to go too. I don't expect people to drive cross state to have a party, but then again, there are members in other regional chapters driving across 2 states to get drunk and pass out at someones house on the weekend

Doesn't hurt to try. . .even if we fall on our face, were still moving forward (my english teacher).

Old 09-19-2005, 07:20 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

LOL..Steve, yeah thats true..some people will drive 2 states away just to get drunk!!

I would think My region out here by the lake would take off pretty well..for a few of us anyway!! I know GLR is just south of me in Martini's ville...lol..

I make a roll call for guys out here in my neck of the weeds..and see who pops up??

Russ

Old 10-04-2005, 06:24 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well to bring this back to the top again....We seem to have 4 So far in the SML area...So all is not completely Dead!! LOL..

I think it will be slow going until after winter,,and God help us the gas prices come down...My old heap of Iron gets 10mpg..so its only good for 180 miles on a $60 fill up..and just think I'am going to build another motor with worse gas Mileage? I must be crazy!! LOL..

Russ

Quick Reply: Regional Officers