Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Can you recommend a good service dept. in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:15 PM
javieljb
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you recommend a good service dept. in Houston

I have ~33000 miles on my 2004 SCREW truck and need to get some warrany items looked into..
Any suggestions on where to take it?
I live in Friendswood, work at Beltway and Westheimer.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to like Bay Area Ford but something has changed over there and I am a bit less comfortable with them. Champion service writers are a bit unpleasant to deal with. I haven't used A.C. Collins yet but probably will next time. They have a good group in the parts department and I'm hoping it reflects what's in the service department. I know they are the opposite direction of work for you but not too far out of the way. hope this helps a little bit. Sorry it's late.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
javieljb
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, But I just got my truck back today.
I took it in to mcree ford in dickenson.

New brakes, rotors calipers....
Valve body thing in the transmission
Repacked the rear differential..
Added some insulation to the AC lines, and recharged the AC system.
And a couple of other items I can't remember.

But I don't think they re-flased the computer. I told them that I wanted it done. And they said that the tire wear was an alignment problem.

They also said that I should replace the fuel filter becuase of a problem I was reporting. (hesitation at highway speeds) They would do it for $80....I bought a new filter and tool for 16 bucks and did it myself in less than 30 minutes. But I did get about 100 gallons gasoline on me...wife a daughter can't sit closer than 10 feet.

Overall, I thought they did OK at the dealer. They gave me little to no hassel. It was in the shop for a full week.

jjb

Old 11-18-2005, 11:07 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used McCree a lot when I moved back to Texas in 2001 and was living in League City. They did pretty well. Glad to hear you got it fixed. FYI - Bay Area and McCree are owned by the same family as is the Truck Accessories facility on the east side of the Gulf Freeway just north of FM 646.