1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

who else failed typing and English?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:09 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Story: An auto repair shop we pass every day had put up an obviously professionally made 20' long banner sign that stayed up for ~ 6 months. It advertised "Profesional Break Job Only 79.00 per Axel". I kid you not!

Unless of course they really had a guy named Axel that would break your car for 79.00, but then would they advertise it?

Last edited by AXracer; 10-27-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:04 PM
fatfenders56
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How about the apartment complex that advertises ''TURN HERE AND YOUR HOME''

Old 10-27-2005, 09:42 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,838 Likes on 1,837 Posts
Originally Posted by wmjoe1953
Ah websters dictionary. I remember that book vividly. Growing up, when we did wrong, my mother would make us copy the dictionary from the letter a through the end of the letter z. I know I have reproduced the dictionary at least three times front to back, all hand written, every stinking word in the entire flippin dictionary. The worst part was that if it wasn't legible, it had to be rewritten so that she could read it clearly without any problems, or mispellings. But, I love my mom. A boy can learn a great deal, and aquire quite an extensive vocabulary from copying the dictionary verbatum. I am so glad I am grown, and have my own family, residing several hundred miles from home. (lol) I do actually miss my folks from time to time.
wmjoe1953,

Wow, thats tough. Look on the bright side, you have read every book ever written!

the signs you see misspelled the most out here in New Mexico is the small signs for a yard sale that turn out like this;

jard sell

The yard sale is generally at a house with a "yallow" impala thats been painted "elaven" times, and the owners are eating a "sheecken sangwich"
...but I digress

Bobby

Old 10-27-2005, 10:53 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL. Sounds like a track from a Jeff Foxworthy cd. You might be a redneck if... you from nu mekico. LOL that reminds me.... you know when he says you might be a redneck if you mow your lawn and find a car. When we lived in Estacada, OR back in the 80's, we actually found the car we thought we sold a few years earlier when we cut back the black berry thickets to make room for some more Ford trucks. I guess we ARE a redneck family.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:55 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
I hear ya! Most of Foxworthy's jokes hit a bit close to home, I think thats why they are so funny.
You want to see redneck? Check out this pic. This is from a year or so ago when I first got my big Caddy running and drove it around the block. Note the redneck fuel delivery system attached to the cowl with bungee cords, not the very cool upper radiator hose made from PVC pipe...........She's a beauty!!

For the record, I now have real radiator hoses and a fuel tank mounted at the rear of the frame.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:29 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
LOL. You might be a redneck if your fuel tank is a little red plastic jug. I think we've all been that kind of redneck before. I know I've ran a truck from a gas can fuel tank before.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:33 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
You might be a redneck if......
Back in high school I aquired a 68 F-100 from my brother who had removed the seat and lost it. I drove that truck around all summer with two lawn chairs in it for seats.

My dad was by the house when I still had the red jug fuel tank, he laughed and told me of an old model A stripdown he had as a kid that had a rotted out fuel tank, he said he bolted a 5 gallon gas can to the roof.........dang those redneck genes!!

Bobby

Old 10-31-2005, 11:57 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
LOL...You might be a redneck if you drive your mom and dads 73 Ford E-350 open road camper van to school, with it all done up in hippie stickers, and playing 50's sock hop music. Either that or you're just plain strange. I drove my dads 55 F-350 a few times, and we had to bungie cord the doors shut, and had a canvas 5 gallon water bag tied to the grille to help keep it cool. That's redneckish.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:11 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
(lol) you might have me beat...

How about if you hang a wooden dowel from the dash so you can wedge it up against the shifter to keep it from jumping out of 4th, or fashioning a couple of straps from plumbers strap to mount to the door panel to hold a tire tool that was used to slide behind the rear cab corner when the door was shut to keep the door shut

ya'll hush

Bobby

Old 11-01-2005, 06:23 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
LOL. We had the same problem in the 55 with fourth gear. How about moving from Oregon to Nevad clampet style. My dad built a big covered wagon type canopy on the back of the 55 F-350, we had everything we owned stuffed in the back of it, and the 51 Silver Streak trailer we pulled behind, and the trunks of both the Falcons stuffed, leaving behind only enough to fill a 4x8 storage unit. Oh yeah, it was a 5 bed with full basement house we moved out of, and the large barn style shop that had a 2 bed appartment over it, we moved it all but the small amount left in storage in one trip. That's redneckish.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:53 PM
krautwolf
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In college I bought a '61 Michigan Bell Econoline van from a flower-selling hippie nicknamed "pigpen" for $25. I literally had to shovel out the contents, mostly hay and trash. Often added oil on the road since the engine compartment was in the cabin. The column shift lever was but a stub. For some reason, girls didn't like to ride in it. I put a $15 Thrush muffler on it, drove to school and work for two years (with no heater), then joined the Navy. Just before I shipped out, the clutch went. It was $40.00 ( a lot of money in 1981) to fix it. The junkyard gave me $25 and hauled it away and the Navy gave me a plane ticket to Newport RI. I think it was a good deal. This thread is getting out of hand.........

Last edited by krautwolf; 11-01-2005 at 08:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-01-2005, 10:07 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
That's a good deal, and I think the last part of this thread needs to get restarted under a new one. Maybe we should call it "Bitter Sweet Memories And Other BS From Your Past."

Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I attended a Navy school located in the shipyard near Vallejo, there was a 61 Falcon coupe that had been painted RC Cola blue with a brush. The school was 6 months long, and the car was sold to a new student every time a class graduated. My roommate was the fifth student to own it, and he sold it to another student before we shipped out.

The car had been beat to death and was ugly as snot, but it made many a trip into the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco. Best of all, it could find its way home in all sorts of weather, if you know what I mean.

And yes, this thread is getting out of hand, but then it started that way. Why change now?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 AM
hiball3985
Logistics Pro
Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
Don't get me started on Econoline stories....lol..one of the few pictures I have of my old cars..taken in 1971, me and a few freinds, all with long hair, bell bottoms.. etc etc

Old 11-02-2005, 08:58 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Just so we don't get reprimanded for not mentioning a ford truck....

...that 68 F-100 I had with the lawn chair seats...well the poor old 360 in it had long ago worn out the valve seals, there were no mosquitos near my home if you know what I mean. The poor old engine had so much blow by that the fuel gauge and the oil gauge hit empty at about the same time. I would take the used oil from the drums behind the service station to pour into my truck. The truck didn't have a hood, if any of you have had a 67 to 72 truck you now about their propensity to relieve themselves of their hoods while going down the road. Anyway, the engine spit out so much oil that it would coat the windshield and you couldn't see. In proper redneck fashion I took some lengths of garden hose and extended the breathers from the valve covers to down below the engine to direct the oily smoke down and out

Oh yea, you can bet I picked up all the girls in that truck, it was a true ladies magnet

Bobby

Quick Reply: who else failed typing and English?